close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trailer damage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishers of Men, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Saturday at 72nd st, came to the truck about 5:00 pm and had both trailer lights broke out and the bulbs taken out.

2. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Tough luck man. I guess they don't pay the local authorities enough to keep an eye on that place. Seems like the low life are hitting it pretty hard.

3. Fishers of Men

It was ridiculous really, they just needed a bulb. I had more with me but they scrwed up the lens covers, so came home with white lights.

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

too bad, looks like nothings safe in those parking lots. theres a lot more to worry about this time of the year than if some jackazz is messing with the trailer while were out fishing.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

a few weeks back when we were perching out of vermillion we watched a guy trying to back his trailer from a parking space at the public ramp and ended up backing his trailer into another one and didn't even get out to check to see if he had done any damage!
    he and his party were getting ready to load their boat(and so were we) so while waiting for him i informed the guy who was running things at the ramp then walked over to their group and asked why he didn't even check.all he said was "i didn't hit it that hard"! i said "right" and told him i had taken down his license plate number and left a note on the guys truck telling him what had happened and who did it.
    he WASN'T happy!

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

hey van , that even sound suspicious??? make any enemies out there?

7. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I hope they never do that to mine. I had to special order a replacement for mine. You can't just take off the cover and put in a common bulb, there are actually 2 bulbs incased in a submersible bubble. In fact, I had to snip the wire and solder the new wire to the existing harness. To think that some lowlife would break the lens, just to steal a $1.09 bulb is nuts. Shows what a lowlife will do to save up his pennies for some crack or heroin or whatever the ******* is on.

8. Fishers of Men

well, it looked like they tried the passanger side, broke it all up but some one else must have "spooked" them and then they went to the other side and upon knockin the hell out of the case, the lense finally broke so they could get the bulb. It was getting towards evening, dont know if it was someone that needed it that bad or what. They definatley tried to break them without messing up a bulb. This rig is just a plain ol rig, so no big deal, just the idea of it all irratates me. I will replace them with a set of removable ones anyway. They work good. Even on my big trailer I,m going to do that. Hey, it's Cleveland!

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

We were there Saturday and came in about 2:30ish. I was looking around at people and trailers as the boat was being tied down but didn't see anything suspicious. That sucks.

10. Fishers of Men

I was parked out towards the end also. didn't help prob.

11. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know it is irritating and you really don't want to hear this...but it could have been worse.

12. I would think it was just kids, not somebody needing a bulb. Not that it makes the situation better.

13. Fishers of Men

I only posted this to bring it to awareness of everyone as a heads up. I expect crap like that at certain areas. Heck in Fla if you went inland to the canals and such, when you come back your battery/everything would be gone. Down there I had a Heavy chain and case hardened lock on my hood, never locked the doors and it saved getting windows knocked out. I even had fla tags, you were in big trouble with out of state tags. They would pepper the car with shotgun rounds. Like I said, I always expect it and hope for the best when I come back. And kids didn't smash the stuff up trying not to break what was inside. They took the bulb out.