close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trailer bearing size?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by jeffmo, May 22, 2005.

1. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'm getting ready to head to new york in a week to do some smallie fishing and want to pick up a spare set of trailer bearings(because they just NEVER seem to go bad in the driveway!).without taking them out how can i find out what size i need?
    thanks for the help in advance!

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Ask the dealer where you bought the trailer what size they take and then go buy some where they are less expensive.

3. I think you may save yourself some headache if you were to take them out and give them a good cleaning and re-packing before you go. This will ensure you have good clean bearings for the trip and give you a chance to change anything that may need changing at home in the garage. I wouldn't want to have to change bearings along the highway, especially if I hadn't done it in a while. Also, this will remind you exactly what you need to take along in case you DO have to change them on the road. At the very least, it should only take a few minutes to pull the hub and check the spindle size.

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

taking them out and re-packing is probably the best option.i bought it last spring from a private seller but took the boat to a dealer in hinkley to have the motor checked out before i bought it.the guy also checked out the trailer and bearings for me before i brought it home.
    i'll just take one set into the napa store and buy a couple of extra sets.
    thanks guys!

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

take off the grease hub and measure the axel diameter .prolly 1 inch and go from there. napa will help you out or bearings inc. which is now applied industrial tech.