Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
big badd bass fisher
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i was looking at some new hunting clothes for next deer season. and i saw this Trail Tech Scent Control Archery Jacket and Pants, on keystonecountrystore.com. does anyone use these camos? how good are they made? and how good are they at keeping your scent under control?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I hate to go off on a rant but Ive been bow hunting for 24 years it took a lot of years back when I started out to figure out how to hunt the wind properly.It seems so simply but it just took awile to sink in.I used scent control clothes 5-6 years ago and I dont now ,Im sure they work well enough and would never tell anybody not to own some.I wash every peice of clothing and equipment I will use in scent free soap then I dry it out side hanging in the woods then I put them in scent proof container .The one thing will never do is go bowhunting without taking a scent free shower! Then after each hunt I let my clothes hang outside for awhile before storing them.I do these things hunt the wind properly and I never get winded! Sorry for the rant but if I can help someone just starting out that would make me very happy! We must stop the Whitetail from taking over are country!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I fully agree, I don't doubt that scent control clothes work and help, but like said before I only hunt after a scent free shower and all my clothes are stored in air tight containers. I also spray my clothes before each hunt and usually hunt the wind, although I do get sloppy sometimes and in the last 2 years haven't been winded to my knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts