close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trail Camera Help

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Bnichs, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Bnichs

Bnichs ...

Just wondering if any of you would know why I would get pictures like this on the camera?

I am litterally standing 6 feet away from it...

[​IMG]

My only thought is batteries??? It has been out in the woods everyday for the last month or so... and it seems as though the sensor isn't reading as far away either...

I had 104 pictures over the last week or some from the feeding area and never moved the camera and the last week I have none but the deer are still eating the corn.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    B

2. I really dont have a clue other than maybe glare,or moisture in the lense?is it a digital camera?Maybe check the memory card with another brand.Or take some shots with built in memory.

3. I have a wildview too that I bought a few months ago and it does this and gives me a blue screen of death as well. I think that I am sending mine back to have looked at. I will also send with the memory card and blank pictures

4. Bnichs

Bnichs ...

I brought it in and let it thaw out the other day and also changed the batteries and it is actually taking pictures again.

So I'm not acutally sure if something froze up in there or if it just needed new batteries.

But the important thing is that it currently works again.

B

5. Well lets see some pictures from it! LOL

6. I had the same problem with my Wildview. I found that when I got that picture it was in the daytime and I had the flash on full time. Somehow, when it takes a pic during the day, the flash blanks out the picture.
    Turn your camera on autoflash and you probably wont have that problem.

Grino

7. the most common explanation is that its a "white out". what occurs in the twilight between light and darkness with the flash not knowing weather to go off or not. its common even with some of the more expensive cams also. cant see your picture at all so im guessin thats what it is.