Ohio Game Fishing banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
To edit. Upper right hand corner,click the 3 vertical dots , will drop down a menue,select edit.
Thanks for the info, but when I hover my cursor over the 3 vertical dots it does not say "edit", it says "site navigation". I figured out how to "navigate" the site upgrade quite quickly, so I had no interest in site navigation! And why can't an edit function be placed right below a post like it used to be?

I refuse to believe that top flight programmers could be that dumb!

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Thanks for the info, but when I hover my cursor over the 3 vertical dots it does not say "edit", it says "site navigation". I figured out how to "navigate" the site upgrade quite quickly, so I had no interest in site navigation! And why can't an edit function be placed right below a post like it used to be?

If it is your post you should be able to edit it. Click on the site navigation it will say report or edit.

Reactions: ress

·
Registered
16,252 Posts

To be clear, its the three dots in the top right corner in the post not the three dots in the header line.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Reactions: Snakecharmer

·
Registered
357 SW
20 Posts
I do not care for this new upgrade. it would be great to return to a Fishing and Hunting site and subject material related to those sports. Too many non related subjects now as well as the previous site subject material. Just my opinion.
Agree....hunting and fishing related subjects. Don't want to be an old hen site... now do we? HA

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is it just me or is it not terribly hard to figure out when something was posted, to jump to the last post or last read post, and are there not way more ads right in the middle of the forum I am trying to read? Every time I come back to the new site get frustrated

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Works fine for me but this is one of three sites I use that have this format. Just keep plugging away at it and you’ll get used to it. It’s not like they are going to go back to the old platform, are they?

·
Administrator
9,286 Posts
Works fine for me but this is one of three sites I use that have this format. Just keep plugging away at it and you’ll get used to it. It’s not like they are going to go back to the old platform, are they?
The answer to that is , NO we are not.

This upgrade was necessary to keep the site operative against the current onslaught of would be hackers, spammers and scammers. OGF shares servers with other forums. If they can access one, they can take down the whole community. The developers job is to prevent that from happening. And just so you know there may be other changes in the future as developers adapt and combat these trolls. Some you may see, others will have no affect on you.

K

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The answer to that is , NO we are not.

This upgrade was necessary to keep the site operative against the current onslaught of would be hackers, spammers and scammers. OGF shares servers with other forums. If they can access one, they can take down the whole community. The developers job is to prevent that from happening. And just so you know there may be other changes in the future as developers adapt and combat these trolls. Some you may see, others will have no affect on you.

K
So are you saying some of us are trolls, and others are not?

Please explain

Thanks

·
"My grace is sufficient for you"
11,774 Posts
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Though there ARE a few 'trolls' on this site...could you explain how the heck you got this:

So are you saying some of us are trolls, and others are not?

Please explain

Thanks
.... out of this?:

The upgrade was necessary to keep the site operative against the current onslaught of would be hackers, spammers and scammers. OGF shares servers with other forums. If they can access one, they can take down the whole community. The developers job is to prevent that from happening. And just so you know there may be other changes in the future as developers adapt and combat these trolls. Some you may see, others will have no affect on you.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts