Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
sounds like that was a good plan why was it not used with the new upgrade
I Imagine it would give admin and mods fits if someone gave a negative rating and they didn’t think they deserved it. There is a lot to moderating a marketplace that we don’t see.

·
Administrator
9,274 Posts
Fraud and deception is when someone sells something that is not what they offered. Not bumping threads. That would be failure to follow site posting rules. There is a difference, do you not agree?
No. I do not agree.
One is no better than the other.

Reactions: ress

·
Administrator
9,274 Posts
I Imagine it would give admin and mods fits if someone gave a negative rating and they didn’t think they deserved it. There is a lot to moderating a marketplace that we don’t see.
First off... that happened. More than you would think. However that feature was being used less and less since the last update.

Second, the loss of that feature was not the decision of this team. The software developers said that feature had to go because of site security issues. So, not our call. From what I was told, this is the only feature lost in the upgrade. I haven't taken time to review everything, but the main changes that appear are some new wallpaper and relocation where certain things are. You all should be ecstatic with the improved search.

·
Registered
621 Posts
that is understandable they should have a chance to explain what went wrong but I guess the way I look at it is some people don't get their way they give a bad rating but the next person has a good experience it goes up look at product reviews people complaining about a $19.99 rod and reel that they feel should preform like a $200 + rod and reel there is always two sides to a story more if it's a good story

·
Registered
621 Posts
First off... that happened. More than you would think. However that feature was being used less and less since the last update.

Second, the loss of that feature was not the decision of this team. The software developers said that feature had to go because of site security issues. So, not our call. From what I was told, this is the only feature lost in the upgrade. I haven't taken time to review everything, but the main changes that appear are some new wallpaper and relocation where certain things are. You all should be ecstatic with the improved search.
Thank you for clearing that up wouldn't want your job LOL

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For me i view everything on a PC and not interested in a" mobile device improvement" If im not in front of the computer im out enjoying the outdoors or spending time with the family and have no desire to look at my phone or whatever you say was improved. Nor am i in the big of a hurry to post a look at me picture..........but thats just me

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,942 Posts
I'm sure that some of the people complaining now, complained the last time the format changed, and the time before that! Some people just don't like change. I'm not the most computer literate person here, I've have never attended a single computer "class". Yet, there hasn't been a site format change that I haven't been able to navigate. It's not really that hard.

That said, I'm on a desktop computer, not a "mobile device" and I have been given to understand that those have some different issues. Quite frankly, I don't really care to be that much "in touch"! I have my time to get on, in the evenings or late afternoons, and that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I will say that on my laptop (Surface) tonight, it is much easier to use the site because there is more usable screen. Between the fixed header and the fixed ad at the bottom on the mobile version, it's harder for me to use the phone.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

I’ve been a mod on a gun site. I know all too well what problems marketplace and ratings can cause. But like I said, moderating is a volunteer position. It’s a balance of what the membership wants and needs and what the mods want and need. It usually tips in favor of the membership as it should since, without them, there would be no site.

·
Registered
529 Posts
All I know is. I had this site saved in my favorites and now when I click on it I get this OGF page that says:
Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

I then have to click on the OGF logo at the top of the page and it goes to the new format. Also had to re- log in..

·
Registered
529 Posts
All I know is. I had this site saved in my favorites and now when I click on it I get this OGF page that says:
Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

I then have to click on the OGF logo at the top of the page and it goes to the new format. Also had to re- log in..
Also took me a couple of days to figure this out.. And where is the "edit" button?????

·
Great Cycle Challenge Team OGF
3,754 Posts
No. I do not agree.
One is no better than the other.
Really? You know its messed up when a mod thinks their users being defrauded of goods and money is the same as bumping a post one too many times.

The best upgrade this site could get is a few mods IMHO.

·
Registered
621 Posts
One thing for sure, even given the new changes, this site is 100% better than some of the other sites that I once belonged to. Guys talk fishing and outdoors here. Very little drama and no toxic politics. I do hope it stays this way.
Just wait LOL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just wait LOL
I agree. If the head bangers return, I'll just slip back into the shadows again. LOL In my many decades on this rock I've seen many changes, some good, some bad, some really stupid, but I never thought we would be where we are at right now. Never. I hope there is a return to common sense and normalcy. The outdoors gives some of us a route to this. (This is why old guys like me don't like change. lol).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I just can't figure out why i have alerts that say someone quoted me in a thread and they obviously haven't

21 - 40 of 57 Posts