Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Powderfinger
7,467 Posts
I agree. Don’t like it. Everything looks the same including the stupid dryer sheet threads.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree. Hate that add that always stays at the bottom of my screen no matter what. Seems like the usable portion of my phone screen is smaller. I admit I’m having trouble getting used to this.

·
Registered
11,277 Posts
I do not care for this new upgrade. it would be great to return to a Fishing and Hunting site and subject material related to those sports. Too many non related subjects now as well as the previous site subject material. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I know change is usually always needed at some point but I just can't get into this new update. I find myself not wanting to go on near as often. Maybe some love it and thats ok its just not for me. I also see that posts are way down everywhere on the site

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not sure if I am entitled to an opinion or if I even have a dog in this fight as I don't post nearly as much as I did under my former user name but I've had enough changes in the last x number of years and would really like for some consistency these days. (Old guys don't cotton to change very well).

I wish (and always have) that those with the power to change things would poll those who will be most affected by the changes. Consideration should be given to all involved, imo.

·
Registered
16,224 Posts
Seems like their are a lot of nice new features. The "search" works better. Easier to load photos although I really didn't have problems with the old platform. Having the option to have the forums you use the most at the top is great. "New" button works well. Recommended reading is a plus.
Thread preview is great especially in the Marketplace since some "tools" don't give you an idea of what they are selling in the thread name.

Not a fan of the adds in the threads .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seems like their are a lot of nice new features. The "search" works better. Easier to load photos although I really didn't have problems with the old platform. Having the option to have the forums you use the most at the top is great. "New" button works well. Recommended reading is a plus.
Thread preview is great especially in the Marketplace since some "tools" don't give you an idea of what they are selling in the thread name.

Not a fan of the adds in the threads .
exactly what he said

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like it so far but it will take time to get use to I think that once people get use to the new update it will be business as usual and I have to agree with bustedrod a lot of fellow members have slowed down

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It amazes me in this day and age of FRAUD and DECEPTION, that a site would remove a safeguard to help with HONEST deals on its Marketplace. Even more amazing is that a moderator would publicly comment that the removal was a good thing. The Marketplace was used by many, now many will be reluctant to buy or sell on the site.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It amazes me in this day and age of FRAUD and DECEPTION, that a site would remove a safeguard to help with HONEST deals on its Marketplace. Even more amazing is that a moderator would publicly comment that the removal was a good thing. The Marketplace was used by many, now many will be reluctant to buy or sell on the site.
well been here a while but still learning my way around so I don't mean to be stupid what safeguard?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
This site now has the same platform as two other sites I frequent so it’s not a big deal to me. As for everything that changes, we will get used to it. At least my iPhone does a good job of weeding out most unwanted ads. But they do help pay the bills so they are an unwanted necessity.

I agree with luredaddy above ^^^ about the trader rating and marketplace and said so to said admin. The site is here for us to use and support, and while I realize that it may cause mods and admin some grief, they volunteered for the position. The membership keeps the site going despite our quirks. Hopefully, that comment was addressed behind the scenes. If not, it should be.

·
Administrator
9,275 Posts
It amazes me in this day and age of FRAUD and DECEPTION, that a site would remove a safeguard to help with HONEST deals on its Marketplace.
"Fraud and Deception"... you mean like when someone deletes their own posts to make it appear that they haven't exceeded the "three bump" limit?
:unsure:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
well been here a while but still learning my way around so I don't mean to be stupid what safeguard?
The trader rating gave good buyers/sellers positive ratings. Those that were not were given negative ratings. Really helps seeing someone’s history and gave us a snapshot of a buyer/seller of who we were dealing with. No foolproof by any means but gave us some comfort when we were looking at a deal.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
"Fraud and Deception"... you mean like when someone deletes their own posts to make it appear that they haven't exceeded the "three bump" limit?
:unsure:
Fraud and deception is when someone sells something that is not what they offered. Not bumping threads. That would be failure to follow site posting rules. There is a difference, do you not agree?

·
Registered
629 Posts
The trader rating gave good buyers/sellers positive ratings. Those that were not were given negative ratings. Really helps seeing someone’s history and gave us a snapshot of a buyer/seller of who we were dealing with. No foolproof by any means but gave us some comfort when we were looking at a deal.
sounds like that was a good plan why was it not used with the new upgrade

1 - 20 of 57 Posts