close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tradegy in OK

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DarbyMan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Did anyone hear about the bozo cops in Oklahoma.

These geniuses couldn't get a snake out of a tree, so instead of leaving it, they decide to shoot at it.

It gets better, one bullet flyes out over a pond where grandpa and grandson (age 5) are fishing. That bullet hits the five year old and kills him!!!

To protect and serve.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292168,00.html

2. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

thats a dog gone shame i think that genius cop should have happen to him what he did to that kid IMO

3. I just read that myself. They say it was an accident,that's not what I'd call it! Prayers are with the family.

4. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

Hmmmmm. One of the first things you learn in firearms safety is to not a fire a weapon into the air.
    All this because of a stupid snake in a tree that was not hurting anyone!
    Prayers to the family,what a shame.

I hope the sue the pants off that police department.

5. I seen this on the news last night. I missed them saying it was cops that was being stupid! I lived in Noble, Okla for about 2 years and my step-mother is a retired Cleveland County Deputy Sheriff. Small country town.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm confused on how it happend, was the snake high in a tree and one of the bullets that missed the snaked hit the kid as it was coming back down, or were the kid and family right near the tree and snake. Just a ridicilous accident. I hate to think, but dang, that could happen anywhere to anyone. The reason I ask if the kid was hit as the bulllet was fallingafter a missed shot is that I know of people who try and be funny and shoot buzzards and the such out of the air w/ handguns and ahve always wondered or should I say been affraid what woule happen with those bullets. :mad:

7. The snake was in a bird house from what they was showing on the news. The birdhouse was hanging off off the back porch over hang.

The boy and his grandfather was at a pond fishing and the grandfather heard a shoot. The first shoot went into the water and the grandfather was yelling to who ever was shooting that they was back there. Well they shot again and the grandfather looked back where the boy was and he was laying on the dock with blood coming from his forehead.

It was a real heart drop seeing the grandfather on the news when he was explaining what went wrong. All he was doing is having a grandfather/grandson day. My 12 year old son said as soon as he heard what happen was "didn't they check their back stop or back ground before shooting?" He learned and remembered that at the hunter safety coarse we took last year.

8. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

wow....whata shame. prayers to his family.

9. This is a damn shame. I saw somewhere a cop a few years back was trying to gain entrance into a house to make an arrest, and shot the door knob and shrapnel hit and killed a 3 month old boy. I hate these damn " wyatt earp " cops who do dumb stuff without thinking. Our " finest " arent that fine anymore. Careless, and dumb. I hope they sue that Dept for all its worth (* not much *)

10. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

bad thing is if a cops dose it its an accident if you or i do it its reckless discharge and or involuntary manslaughter

11. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

2talltim you hit that nail directly on the head! poor family, sorry for their loss