Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone have one.. I just bought one and want to put a floor in it.

I have installed foam sheets between the ribs. But i am having trouble with the angle of the floor..The front is alot higher than the back,I was wondering if most people level it out and fill in the space under under the rear of the floor.Most jon mods only cover decking not really the floor.Any tips or help is appreciated
Eric

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a grizzly 1654 and currently don't have a floor in it. I was planning on using 1x3's or 2x4's on both sides of the ribs under the plywood to help lock the floor in place and to level it out. Also my boat is wide and I would have to use 3 pieces instead of using a single 4x8 sheet. Let me know how your turns out!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I never thought of doing that to lock the floor down and level it.Thanks for the idea.Hope too get a good start on it,so when the weather breaks I might be able to get it out.How do you like yours?Have you had it for a awhile.Mine is only 14ft (1448) but I figured I would be by myself most of the time anyways so it should be plenty of room.Oh yea Im in dayton too :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
i have a 1448. it's the biggest 14' i've ever fished out of. extended front deck with storage. aluminum floor, foam/wood next to the ribs and screwed in. rear deck added as well. live well and two minn kota 101's! fishes bigger than my dad-laws ranger. check out the photo gallery for pics

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job lateral .. saw pics in the gallery.Ill probably deck the back but leave the front as is.The deck space up there is fine for me..Did you make the storage box there w/3 lids?

·
Registered
306 Posts
HEY BYG--I am usually over at Eastwood messing around on electric motor days because my 15hp crapped out. I bought mine from Bass Pro in Feb and have enjoyed it thus far. I put a bow mount MK on it and have plenty of room for the foot pedal. Also using a 55lb transom mount until my motor gets fixed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dodge,
Thats were I plan taking it for a test,once I get it rigged up.I have an older
25hp for it that ran good in a test barrel but want to make sure its ok.How did 15 hp push yours?Catch much @EW? I heard some do ok

Lateral,...
I thought it was but wasnt sure.Seen some nice stuff guys have made on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts