close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Towns to live in, NC to NE Ohio...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CoolWater, Jul 10, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Well as many people saw the thread about me getting engaged... we now will need to make a move. She works at American Greetings in Brook Park (Cleveland) and I will still be working in Port Clinton. I'm leaning towards Vermilion as it would be roughly half way for both of us. She loves AG, and I have a great career but not necessarily in love with my employer - so there is the strong possibility I could/would find similiar work in the greater Cleveland area.

Anyone from Vermilion care to offer your opinion of the town? This would likely be the place I would live long term and raise a family so any type feedback would be appreciated.

I'm sure there are numerous other small towns and communities that I'm unaware of, anyone have any places I should take a look at? We both do love the idea of country living.

Anyways, I'd say from Huron to Rocky River - would love to get any input. Being close to route 2 or 80/90 would also be pretty important.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

PS Whoever said marriage is about compromise was right... will be having to sell my waterfront home in Port Clinton. : (

2. Never lived there but did alot of work in Bay Village.Seemed like a nice community.Right off 2/90

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Move to Brook Park thats where I live!
    Honestly in the areas I have been I would say North Ridgville or North Olmstead is your best bet.
    Its right off the Ohio turnpike so you can hop on that to get to route 2.
    Its also right off 480 which is only a 15 minute drive to Brook Park.

I would say Bay Village, Westlake, Rocky River, or even Lakewood but all of those citys are pretty expensive.

BTW 3 houses for sale on my street! Seems like they have been selling pretty fast lately.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

well its 2 bad ya hav 2 move from nugents:( thats pretty kool down there~good luck on finding a house

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I have heard good things about Vermillion.

However, I really like Huron. I have never lived there, but I have fished there a lot and my unlce docks his boat there in the fall for the fall bite(big big walleyes). It seems like a nice quiet little town. To live on the southern edge along the river with 1 to 3 acres would be awesome(country living at it's best!) and close to Rt 2. Just a thought.

CG

6. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Yeah, Huron is a great little town to live in and raise a family, I love it. You might also want to look towards Berlin Heights (Edison School District), a little more country and the land will be cheaper than Huron. Both Huron and Edison are great school districts. Maybe Jeff (Tubuzzz) will chime in on Vermilion.

7. CoolWater

Thanks for the initial responses... will look into the places mentioned that I am unfamiliar with.

Vermilion would also be appealing to try to get on the river as the Steelhead fishing would be neat to have on your own property.

Ok, back to my research - keep the opinions coming!

8. CoolWater

Huron is very appealing and it is the only place we have driven around in so far... however, just not sure if it would be peeling enough miles off her trip.

My biggest concern isn't price, gladly would trade a little more $ for the right geographic area, low crime rate, good school system, decent town politics, good local hospital, etc etc...

I really appreciate the help so far...

9. I live in Birmingham. South of Vermilion about 8 miles. Nice country living but getting bigger. Got the Vermilion River all around me. Great steelhead fishing. Firelands is a good school also but the schools are OLD. They need to get the state to pitch in for a new school. Drop me a PM if you would like a tour of the area. Can hit the lake.

Only thing I know about Vermilion is the gas is always 10 - 20 cents more a gal then anyplace else.

10. tubuzz2

tubuzz2 1700 Lund Red and tan

Vermilion is a nice town. The schools a little money hungry but I live south of rt 2 and school is Firelands good school located just off 113 on Vermilion road. Lots of homes for sale in the area when Ford closed and the few other bussness closed some people left. The gas price are 10 cents higher then Amherst can figure that one out. Taxes are bad. Lots of lot for sale my me if building is something your intersted in. There is a giant eagle shopping and the farmers market great store for meats and veggies. I live a 1/2 mile for the river and it is nice to go steelheading with a 5 min drive to mill hallow. Plus 5 mins for the ramp and I am on the water.