Tournaments (FLW,PWT, etc) are missing out on Cleveland

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by duckman, Feb 24, 2008.

1. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Cleveland, what a great city!

I spent Friday and Saturday in Cleveland for my first ever Cavaliers game.

Cleveland by far is the friendliest city I have been to in the last five years. Other than a couple youthful trips to the flats I had never spent time in the city. As I recall though, even back then the ladies were hmmm “congenial?”.

Every where we traveled folks extended their warm welcome. My wife and I attracted some attention Friday wearing matching cavalier shirts and hats. If we stopped for a moment folks were asking if we needed help finding something. People offered great suggestions of where to eat and attractions to visit besides the game. The service we received in restaurants was exceptional and enjoyed nice meals for $20-$35 for the two of us.

We stayed at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel which relative to other nice hotels in major cities was reasonably priced. What was exceptional was the ability to walk to Quicken Loans Arena without stepping outside. Attached is a mall with a cross-section of small shops. We found navigating downtown easy and plenty of accessible parking.

Saturday we drove through Little Italy but we didn’t have time to stop to eat but I am certain we missed a good meal! We stopped and shopped in Cleveland Heights. If you need a dose of 70’s & 80’s nostalgia Big Fun is the store for you. They have everything from GI Joes, Puff and Stuff’s to Lunchboxes.

Cleveland should not be passed up by any of the major tournaments as it has so much to offer as I hope I have to have conveyed with my testament of the city of Cleveland as a visitor.

Maybe I am biased because I got on the Jumbo Tron in the last 1:36 of a very exciting game but I doubt it.

Thank you to the city of Cleveland and your people who made our stay so enjoyable!