close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tournament picture question

Discussion in 'Canoes & Kayaks' started by Govbarney, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I was considering taking part in a tournament next weekend , something I have never done before, this particular tourney has KBF rules. This morning I went out and practiced taking pics of fish in a hawg trough.... any advice from some experienced tourney fisherman, would my current pics cut it?... also how am I supposed to keep the fishes mouth closed??? ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1502579393.286537.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1502579413.677671.jpg .

2. My tournament friend says my pics wouldn't hold up for a tournament. But I think yours is fine.

3. Nice pig in the first post!

4. KBF requires mouth closed..beside that it looks pretty good. I tie off some fish grips to the side of my yak and leave the fish in the water as long as possible. It usually means they're alittle more relaxed when it's picture time.

5. As stated the mouth needs to be closed, identifier needs to be visible and not covered in any way. The fish cannot have anything in its mouth or under gill plates like a finger or string. Smallmouth do not like to cooperate like largemouth. Both of those pictures are point deductions because the mouth is open. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1502644100.292907.jpg if possible the picture should look like this. I know sometimes you have to hold the fish in place especially smallies. Try to have the trough at a slight angle towards the bump stop. The fish will slide down and naturally close their mouth.

6. Are you planning on fishing the Rumble in the River event hosted by BKFT?

7. Yes that's the one I was considering, only because I have a lot of familiar ready with the rivers around here. went out again this morning only a few dink smallmouth, got this nice catfish though. It was a lot more agreeable when it came to pictures. One more question what are the rules when it comes to life jackets? Do you really have to wear them the entire time? Or just have them in the boat which is the law ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1502675053.263065.jpg

8. The life jacket is always on or your DQ'd there are absolutely no exceptions.

9. Are the auto inflating ones acceptable assuming they meet the coast guard standards?

10. You should fish more events. I don't know many of the lakes we are fishing but it's so much fun competing in the Kayak Events.

11. Tough for me with work and new baby, wish their was a local club which focused on tourneys strictly in Cbus area, specifically the rivers

12. Bubbagon

Bubbagon Who?

There's a group of about 8-10 of us in CBus that fish rivers every weekend. We just don't organize it into a tourney.

13. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I need to get out with the gang. I haven't done a single float this year.

14. Bubbagon

Bubbagon Who?

Twas a PERFECT day on the Koko yesterday. PERFECT!
    We could've swung by and picked you up...

Rybo likes this.
  15. I was given a tip to raise your right thigh slightly. That creates a slight angle of the trough and slides the fish to the stop. Just make sure you have your identifier in the picture. I found I would lay the fish up and snap a few pictures quickly. Then choose the best one to submit. Oh and yes it sucks but you wont b the first or last one to lose a fish trying to cpr. And last, have fun

Rybo likes this.
  16. Do you take the pictures through the TourneyX ap , or through your normal phone cam, and upload pics you want after the fact?

17. I do it after the fact

silverbullet likes this.
  18. You'll definitely want to do it on your phone then upload it..in case something happens with the app. Wanna make sure you still have the picture

silverbullet likes this.