close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tournament cat transportation:

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 21, 2005.

1. I have a converted coleman for a livewell to transport while in the car. How about using those heavy bags the bass fishermen use for the weigh in? Are they big enough? I'd think this would be a little better for the cats than a stringer...... Since most of these local tournaments are for channel cats, it should work unless you get a 20lb+ fish?

What do you guys think?

2. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Ya better stick with hard sided containers. :D

When I think about people trying to carry channel cats in plastic bags I figure they won't get far once the pectoral spines poke holes in the bag.

As water temp increases the ability to hold dissolved oxygen decreases. To help keep your catch healthy for release you can add ice to your livewell water to decrease temperature. Use compressed oxygen and breather stones. As the oxygen decompresses [is released into the livewell] it cools water [decompression of gas causes cold]. Use small pumps to create a spray to aerate and cool water.

Generally speaking the greater the volume of your livewell the better your success at keeping fish alive.

I am relly glad to see people who are thinking CPR on catfish. :)

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Seems like C&R is being practised more & more. Great to hear.