close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tough Day

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Bassnpro1, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Went out all day today and did not see a deer until very last light and it was too late to get on him. With school I don't have much time to spend afield and today was a productive one. But I didn't let any time go to waste and maybe next time I will get one. BTW it is disheartening to hear alot of shots around you and not see any deer yourself. Lucky guys

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I know just how you feel, I hunted private land today in the heart of Ohio's deer heard and did not see a deer...Kinda depressing.

3. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

My hunting party had a case of the misses yesterday (opening day)... 2 guys saw 2 different deer, shot at with 7 shots total, nothing on the ground :rolleyes: I only had a doe tag left, saw 6 but none offered a shot...the area around where I hunted seemed very quiet compared to previous years as well

4. Same here guys , didn't see anything. Going to my bow hunting woods Wednesday morning. Hopefully nobody was trespassing there on Monday............Rich

5. I think you are right about less traffic in the woods? heard shots way off to the south monday,today they were localized to the north?? maybe tommorrow they will be in my neck of the woods!!Polesnatcher got wore out today by the infamous"coshocton hills" lol! but he did see deer!! just didnt get the drop on any?but there is always next time!!! :rolleyes: remember the big one shows up when you least expect it!!! :D

6. that hill out front was a killer!!!!!

I would have had that nice big 6 if my gun didn't jam on the second shot :mad:

Biggest 6 I ever seen. that 12 running around out there is really nice, be even nicer if he came closer, lol

good luck the rest of the week

thanks for letting me hunt down there rac :D

7. Hunted down by New Straitsville, just outside of Wayne National Monday and didn't see a thing. Spet all day in the stand except for the hour for lunch and to check in a small button buck that someone had shot it's leg off