Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out same area very little marks. Took a while to start pulling them. Picked all morning no real pattern just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. "Sorry" area is north of beaver park in 44 to 41 feet of water then after a while head west of condos 40 feet. Only managed 8 fish for three people. One real nice 28 incher for yours truly. Lost a monster never got to see it but it crushed a reef runner put dents in it and lots of teeth marks(new today). Fought it for a long while never could get it up. 120 back off in line board I was try to hook the board up when it hit, hand a little worst for wear fireline really cuts deep. After thinking about it I wonder if it was a musky it took 30 feet of line in a run when it got hooked and made additional runs about 5 total. I even broke a rod today might have to get those ones off het. Tough day!
Well I how bass opens up soon I'm getting tried of walleye fishing need a change.I think it opens july 1st I will have to check the regs. I really do not want to fish for them with the season closed(I know your allowed). Hopfully may fly hatch starts and I can cast for them for a change or steelhead.
Dad might want to go out Sunday for eyes might be out then, if not I don't know when I will be out.
Good luck to kgone and fishon. pm me if you want program and stuff if you go off Lorain or Vermilion area.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
thank you Jeff!!!

thanks for the great report!

an that had to hurt yet be exciting good job on the FO....

Im kev will sendya a PM!!!!

FRank

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Only on Erie would catching a 28" eye be considered a "tough day":) . Sounds like you still got some though. Can't wait to read the bass reports once you get started. I'd like to try my hand at some smallies this year on Erie for the first time so reading reports helps. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for the report.

My daughter & I fished Ruggles Wed. eve. from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Only boated 3 , lost 1. One was 27". Caught all 3 from 8:00 to 8:15. All caught on hot-n-tots, no takers on spoons. Saw lots of marks ,& "clouds" of something ( bugs, minnows, ?)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew it was soon. I do not like fishing for them where thier is a closed season, I know your allowed but I don't. I am not that good of a bass fisherman but I am a self taught troller so it will work out. I have a few spots on erie that hold some monster largemouth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts