close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tough day at mogadore sat. 1/29

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Hoss5355, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Fished Mogadore on Sat. west of 43 and had a pretty tough go. Used the aqua vu for the first time and that was a treat. It is amazing seeing what's under the water, and how fish relate to cover. Must have drilled 20 holes looking for fish, but finally found a couple of them. Had some crappie, perch, and gills almost come up and just about run into the camera. Ended up only catching 3 between us, but it was good to be out on the ice again. Also used the vex for the fist time and that was interesting. I'm not real sure what to think of it yet. I did find it is hard watching the vex and the spring bobber at the same time...so that will take a little getting used to. Or just letting go of old habits and relying on the vex. Hopefully the more time spent with these, the easier it will get. It was cool watching fish coming up to my jig on the vex. It was also discouraging when they wouldn't bite, especially while my buddy was watching on the aqua-vu. I never knew that many fish looked and never bit.... :rolleyes: Hopefully we will make it back out next weekend...

Kevin

2. Glad to hear you like your camera. We also got skunked on Saturday. Just couldnt find the fish. We tried the west side of 43 and CLR. Well at least you caught something. Later, Ohio Bassin

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

one thing i find it hard to do but force myself when i see a good mark and i think i might be getting a bite (or some kind of interest) is to not look at the vex at that moment and just concentrate on the rod. the rod is going to show you the bite and whether ot nor you catch the fish, not the vex.