Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for some Largemouth action since the river is still not quite clear enough for me to want to spend a lot of time out there. I visited my wife's family lake that used to be a paylake 40-50 years ago. It gets almost no pressure now. All fish were caught on buzzbaits. They were all on the edges of lily pads and other cover. I used one of my all time favorite lures, snag proof frog, for awhile. I got a bunch of blowups and stuck a couple of them, but I was so deep in the pads they came off. I also bounced a stik worm around the pads and had similar results as the frog.

Fish Bass Fish Fishing Recreation

Fish Bass Fishing Trout Recreational fishing

Fish Bass Trout Northern largemouth bass Recreation

Reflection

Fish Bass Fish Bony-fish Barramundi

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was using frogs just yesterday so much fun, love the top water bite. Nice lmb

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Great fish! Nothing is better than having the ba-jesus scared out of you when that bass blows up!

Just out of curiosity, how is the bottom of the pond shaped? Just shuddering if it is a consistent depth our if there are flats/shallows..

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great fish! Nothing is better than having the ba-jesus scared out of you when that bass blows up!

Just out of curiosity, how is the bottom of the pond shaped? Just shuddering if it is a consistent depth our if there are flats/shallows..

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{
One end of the lake is a constant 4-5 feet. There is a channel that runs through it where it gets to around 18ft deep on the other end to the dam. There some nice shallow areas on the side of the main channel. My wife's uncle showed me some really cool pics from back in the 50s when it was a paylake yesterday. Next time I'm out there I'm going to work on getting copies of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.