Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This goes out to all you who have known Patrick Plickert (Topstroke) here on OGF over the past years. Patrick passed away today after a two year battle with cancer. Patrick was a good fisherman and friend, and always willing to help others in deed or with advice. Due to his illness, he hadn't posted much here lately, but Patrick spent many a trip out on the big lake since the late 70s.

Patrick served in the US Army, and was in the first Bradley through the berm into Iraq during Desert Storm. He was a gutsy guy, electing to go in with a malfunctioning night optic when nobody would have faulted him for standing down. He showed that same guts and determination in the last two years and never gave up.

Now, his mission complete, could ya’ll hoist a brew, and say a prayer for Patrick and his family. If anyone is interested, I could pass any arrangements here when I find out.

The “Pose”

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Condolences to his family and all that he touched.

Don't know how old the pic is but he looked to be a younger man and it's so tough to lose someone, anytime, but when ones' life is in its' prime makes it much harder to accept.

I tend to live by the concepts that "WE" are not the ones' in control" and "NOBODY gets out alive".
Doesn't make it any easier when someone known passes, but never lose sight of reality.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very sad news, I'll miss him at the gas station in Geneva in the morning's. Great guy to talk with. Our prayers are with his family. Mike & Tammy

·
Lund 2075 Tyee
558 Posts
I already miss his calls at 4:30 a.m. in july and august the last several years to discuss where we were going to fish that day. He was and always will be a great guy and I am glad I could call him a friend. Prayers to the Entire Plickert Family.

·
Dough Boy
1,873 Posts
Sad news indeed prayers sent out

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Sad news to hear Jeff. I know you guys fished a lot together and were friends,prayers sent. Way too young.

·
Capt Jeff
1,710 Posts
Prayers for him and the ones he leaves behind. Met him a handful of times and was always a great guy to talk walleyes with!
He'll be missed .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Terrible news. Such a young guy. I had no idea he had been fighting this battle...damn cancer. Last i saw him was 2 years ago at the Wine and Walleye Festival...so sad.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,632 Posts
Very sad news Jeff. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family at our fish fry with you a couple years back...what a great guy who enjoyed his walleye fishing. All he kept saying at the walleye wisdom seminar is that he hoped he could get out there a couple more times. Well Jeff you went with him as much as his body would allow bud. I know that he will always be out there in that Grady with you guys in spirit. Give my sincere condolences to his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your good friend Jeff. I'm glad I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Patrick on your boat.
We'll pray for his family and friends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts