close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Top water Gills

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by BlueWater, May 29, 2007.

1. Went out to Sharon Woods this past Saturday and I caught a few gills on a floating beatle. It was so much fun to see the top water action. When the bug hit the water it made a ripple and then the fish slammed it. Bad part is I lost that bug on the dock, I'll have to go to Sevex's shop to get some more. I also caught a gill on a san juan worm that I tied. I know it's not a hard fly to tie, but that is the first time I have caught a fish on one of my flies. Can't wait to catch a SM or LM with my flyrod.

BlueWater

2. Sharon Woods Columbus?

That park is youth fishing only.

3. mazer

mazer Master of Creek Chubs

It is? I remember fishing that in the 90´s, when I was studying at the University of Cincinnati.

Is there really such a thing as youth fishing only year-round? Never heard of such a thing up here by Cleveland. Maybe I need to re-read the fishing regulations you get when you buy your license just in case.

4. Sharon Woods in Columbus is youth fishing, year round.

I live about 3 miles from it...would love a crack at fishing it. Have seen it elctro-fished by odnr it has some BIG bass in it.

Now if he was talking about Sharon Woods in Cinci...dunno, sorry...I saw the name and assumed Columbus....wanted to give a heads up, the park here is pretty well watched.

5. Sharon Woods is a park in Hamilton County. The lake is open to everyone and you can rent boats.

BlueWater

6. Good deal, just hate to see someone get ticketed but in your case...obviously, not a problem.

I was thinking maybe you were in the Columbus area for the wekend when I saw the name Sharon Woods.

7. Sharon Woods? I "knew" her in high school. By the way, I am allergic to Pennicylin.
    LOL

Huntinbull