Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
mr.basskisserjunior
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and the boy zacharywoofter (you can find him on here) went fishin yesterday at some local pond that we never knew had anything in it except some kois and carp, so we set out to catch some monster carp with bread on top of water, so we started baiting the bank with bread to bait em in, and sure enough they came and so did some channels, and this was the middle of the day at 3:00 p.m. so i threw my bread out there and sure enough a channel cat came up and got it and i was kinda in shock, then i put him back in and threw out another peice of bread and then got another channel, i had never heard of cats on top of water in the middle of the day on bread, so after i put that one back in i caught a bluegill and cut it up to try to maybe catch a bigger cat and maybe 15 minutes later i pulled out a fat'ol shovelhead, my biggest shovelhead ever,

Attachments

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I have caught a couple channels at night while throwing a jitterbug for bass in the river, the first time I was shocked and bummed big time because I thought I had a big bass instead of a 6lb channel.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've caught a channel on a bread ball while fishing for carp in a river one time. Once i got it to the bank I was surprised to see a channel cat considering we had cat lines out as well. It went for bread over shrimp and cut bait.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,606 Posts
Very nice flathead and some nice channels! Catfish are very opportunistic feeders. Down on the Ohio River there are a lot of restaurant barges and people throw French fries, bread, crackers, etc.. into the river and the carp and catfish will sit there and feed right off the surface and they know that food will come so they hang around.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Cats in ponds can be feed trained pretty easily. Mine come every day when we feed.

I think it would be a very safe bet that those cats are very used to be fed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts