Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the lake this weekend and fired up the boat. Started right up and let her warm up while I prepped the poles for some bassin'. She idled wonderful and saw no fuel/oil on the water at all.

This is a 9.9 Pro kicker 4 stroke Mercury. Speeds on my boat are about 10mph top speed.

Take off from the dock and start building speed to about 3/4 throttle. I start feeling like a flutter/jerking and the rpm's go high and my speed slows down to about 5mph. Then it's like something kicks in and it takes off back up to 10mph. At full throttle this is even worse. If you were standing up and it did this jerk you would have a hard time staying in the boat. It does this constantly at 3/4 to full Throttle. Now trolling speeds or idle this thing purrs like a kitten. Not even a hick-up.

Well I just slowed down and ran easy on her about 1/2 throttle and never heard another peep. I set out some lines to troll and did this for a few hours. (No fish :mad: ) but when i stopped to bring in my lines there was fuel/oil coming up from the exhaust/lower unit. It not a scum like heavy weight oil I believe it was fuel because it had a blueish tint to it.

Anybody have any ides what's going on with my motor? I am taking it in to be looked at but dunno if it's something I can look at first.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx Guys.

Yeah I checked the oil no water in there so that's a good sign. I'm thinkin the plugs/wires messed up or something. Gonna get it looked at by someone who knows what they're doin....:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts