close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took the girls ice fishing.

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by swantucky, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Took my daughters out the ice was good and the temps mild but they still wanted the shanty. We iced some gills and trout. We had a blast!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nothin wrong with a hole lota fun!:D

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

What lake did you go to if you wouldnt mind sharing.
    BTW Looks like fun and nice pics!

4. Merikal Farley trout club in Swanton. Its 5-6 acres, 22 feet deep and stocked mostly with trout but we have caught some nice bass, gills, crappie, and the occaisional catfish. It is a private club but a great place to take the kids. Probably the best $100 I spend every year.

5. Dang randy, how did it feel to fish on ice thicker than 3 inches?? lol Had jaimy set up past where we had to stop yesterday. Made about 2 inches last night.

6. There was an easy 8" where we fished today. After the last few days it was nice to "relax" and just fish, no worries of swimming. I had a good time yesterday, I'll be back out mid-week.

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

really cute pics....thats awesome man.

8. looks like a great day with the kids!!! kudos to you!!! and those "straps" look awsome!!!

9. Bet they had a blast! They won't forget times like that,good for you.

10. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

swantucky.....short and sweet............simply making "MEMORIES", thanks for sharing.... great outdoor trips to you this year......Jon Sr.

11. 1977 walleye guy

1977 walleye guy Addicted Outdoorsman

Awesome randy, looks like the girls had a blast.

12. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

It's great to hear your kids enjoy fishing so much. They are the future of our sport.

13. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

The look on the girl's faces says it all.

14. :C Hay swantucky from the looks of the pic. your girls had a great time, anytime you are catching you are having fun. Our fishing future is in great hands, we have a couple of fisherwomen amoung us. Good job girls. everytime dad takes you out you will learn more.....and more........you have a good teacher you call DAD.....Good luck this comming year to you and your girls.
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  15. Thanks for all the kind words. My older daughter is at my parents tonight and I just called her to tell her to check out this thread, she thinks its pretty cool. He older brother is probably spitting nails that he had a friend over and did not go. I went to the same spot tonight and only managed 1 bullhead, 1 gill, and one trout, but my excuse is I forgot the Vex.

16. I hate to bring this back to the top but I had to. This is the note my 10 year old gave me tonight after being home form school today.

Thank you Dad for taking me and Elizabeth ice fishing.

I had a good time fishing and playing with Elizabeth.

I thought it was really funny when Elizabeth peed on you!! It was hilarios!! I thought you would be mad but when you laughed I knew it was o.k. for me to laugh! I also loved our lunch/dinner. It was great, I thought it tasted like really good steak. So thanks for that stuff. I am also thanking you for everything else you did for me.

Being a Dad is great!!!