close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Took My Wife Fishing!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, May 20, 2004.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

;) [​IMG]
    Took my wife fishing tonight and we had a wonderful time. She caught a Perch, Bass, Rockbass and a ton of Gills. It's always great to be out fishing.

2. That Is Great To Hear...personally I Love It When My Wife Wants To Go Fishing With Me...i Look Forward To It Every Time...good Job And Hope You Have Many More Fishing Adventures With Your Wife.....

Tony

3. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Misfit told me it was a good trade :D

4. I had to talk my husband in to going fishing :eek: , Now he loves it! Took less than a year for him go decide that he wanted a boat and go get one. I dont care, what ever it takes to get him out on the water with me, is fine with me! :D

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

WOW JT. You need to be the official spokeswoman for wives everywhere :D

6. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

Yeah I agree sign her up. My wife don't like fishing much, or really anything else outdoors, unless it involves sandy beaches and clear water. From time to time she will stand and watch but not very long

7. My wife sits and reads her current book while I fish for hours. She doesn't care and I don't either, if she fishes or not. As long as we're together for that time. Sometimes no words are spoken for a long time. But we are together.

That's what counts. Sometimes there are no words needed.

8. the boss loves to fish with a bobber. crappie are her favorite and bluegill are second. in the last three years she's started smallie fishing with a jig and twister from our canoe. it's pretty cool, but i miss my night fishing and now once a week is all i get at best. i might as well get used to it however, because i have three grandsons waiting in the wings, and bobbers are just the thing.

9. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

more power to ya. as much as i love my wife, i'm glad she doesn't fish. it's one of those few things i want to do with out her. i'm around her enough. and yes, we get along just fine. there's things that she does that she doesn't want me tagging along. i enjoy being out there by myself, or with my fishing bud. besides, it would cost me another 19.00 for her license! :D

10. Becareful when taking you wife fishing... First it's minnow/worms under a bobber then next thing you know you're at gander mountain with a half dozen $15 Tuff Shads or $20 Top Raiders in the buggy. :D:D

I take mine too, we both love fishing. She liked fishing long before I met her, but she's taken it to a new level now that she has someone to go with her that loves it too. She started out with the minnow and worms under bobbers, but now she's standing toe to toe with me searching out big cats and now musky hunting. And she's not afraid to let me know when she kicks my butt at the end of the day. :eek:

The time we get to spend together on the bank or boat it nice, but sometimes quiet time fishing alone is good too. We just try to be careful and not over do it. Everyone is different. Personally I think it's a great idea in that we get to spend more time together as a family (something that doesn't always happen in this day and age) which in turn I hope makes our relationship between each other and our kids that much stronger.

If you both love it, I say do it. Just remember to keep it fun and enjoy the time you get together because it is finite.

Barry

11. The wife and I both took a mental health day off work yesterday. We put in at Alum around 7:30 am. We worked most of the coves north east of the Galena boat ramp. She killed me, she managed 5 eyes and 6 crappie. I on the other hand spent more time helping her bait up and take the fish off. She was using a white 3" power grub and I was pitching a worm. They didnt seem to be hitting on the worm at all, but she kept reminding me how much they liked the grub. At least we got to spend the morning together :)

12. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

I am a wife and I always want to go fishing...I deal with all my own tackle and baiting of my hook. I take my own fish off the hook also. Some wives are more hard core than others, but we do like to fish...My husband is a hunter, but I have no desire to hunt. There's not enough time for everything. Ski all winter and fish all spring, summer, and fall. It's great to have the same hobbies.