Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tuscarawas River Angler
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife Renee and i took the neighbor boy Dominick to the river tonight to try to get him a few catfish.............i started out the night landing the first cat a channel that weighed 4lbs on cut creek chub ...................i then lost a big fish about 15 minutes later that was STRONG it just came off the hook about halfway to the bank .............a short while later it was Dominicks turn to get a run and he landed a BEAST channel cat on cut bluegill that weighed in at 8 lbs 8 oz..................he said it was his biggest catfish that he ever caught.............about 10 minutes later he landed his FIRST FLATTIE a nice 7 lbs fish on cut creek chub .............he IS SO EXCITED ...............i think i got a kid HOOKED ON CATFISHING NOW ................renee got skunked for the first time this year !!!

DOMINICKS CHANNEL

DOMINICKS FLATTIE

ME WITH CHANNEL CAT

·
Mike
87 Posts
Nice catches and a great story. Not much beats seeing the youngsters getting involved in fishing.

·
Tuscarawas River Angler
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was really impressed with Dominick............he did a good job fighting the fish and listened to what i told him and caught both fish on circle hooks that he had NEVER used before...........he also told me that he had never held a catfish for pictures before he was scared to death of that channel cat but he held him up for the picture.......LOL.............then when he caught the flattie i showed him how to grab onto it and he picked it right up for the picture too !!!

I really enjoyed seeing him catch such nice fish !!!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Awesome story Brian, We went to the spot where you usually fish at the "Goat Hole" :D and then moved down stream closer to the spot where I usually fish, has a couple picky bites and one good run but NO FISH to show for it...Looks like we should have went with you! lol...:G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts