close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

took a chance and hit the chagrin.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fish4wall, Nov 29, 2004.

1. sorry this is so late. on weds my brother and i took a trip up north. man did it pay off....
    i had 6 hookup and got to bring 2 home :D :D
    my brother only had one hookup.
    i all ways hit antrum but i rolled the dice and had a ball...
    they both were 7lbs and 24in long...i didnt have to fight anyone for my fishing spot...it was nice.
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3529&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3528&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
    thanks
    fish4wall

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Sounds like a good trip, it looks like you got one fresh chromer from the lake and one that had been hanging out awhile... neat

3. thanks....
    it was cool to get a fresh one and one that had been in the river for some time...to see the changes it goes through. Try to explain this to an office full of non-fishermen.....
    fish4wall

4. What are all those spots on the dark male?

5. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Good job fish4wall. I used to fish the Chagrin and Grand a lot. Just curious if you caught them by the dam or down by Lost Nation. If you ever want to fish the Grand pm me. Also Elk Creek in PA can be amazing. Looks like the male was laying on leaves or rocks from the looks of the spots. Good fishing

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Might be ice spots from the cooler too. There are chunks of ice around the fish on the deck that look about the same size as the spots.

7. EE

EE

nice looking fish, fish4wall! Ying6 and I had a great steelhead fishing day last weekend....... have you ever fished the Rocky and if so, how would you compare it to the Chagrin?

8. brandonjh00

brandonjh00 wannabebasspro

I fished rocky afew years back beofre I moved to Columbus, I lived within an earshot of the chagrin though, so I guess I was just partial to it. But I definitely had better times in the Chagrin. A friend of mine hooked a 17lb coho salmon the same day I caught a 3lb northern pike last year, you never know what you'll get!

9. The Rocky can produce some great fishing if you are able to tolerate the crowds and smell of sewage and anti freeze. Last time I fish Rocky I stayed after dark just to see how much the fish I caught "Glowed in the dark". ;)
    Too bad the airport and Lakewood Sewage Plant dump all sorts of goodies into this river. :( The Chagrin seems to produce more hookups simply because it is closer to Pennsylvania which stocks a lot more fish than Ohio. The chagrin does not stink but the engine blocks and tires as well as hygine products and other assorted items that you can snag on or "bring to net" can provide an interesting day. :rolleyes: As you progress East you will find the Conneaut and Grand which can offer some fantastic fishing in a less (at times ) crowded atmosphere. Finally you go to Pennsylvania where you will often encounter crowds on the Elk and Walnut plus other tributary streams but the native fishermen are a different breed. They will respect and honor the water you are fishing. I have often been invited to share a hot run or hole by another angler when the water I was fishing was dead. In turn I have also shared the water I am fishing. :) One time three of us shared a run that was loaded with fish but only 25/30 feet long. We simply took turns on hookups.

10. sorry guys for the late reply....
    archman the spots are from the ice in the cooler...
    DAVEM i always start at daniels park then i move....my brother has
    one of them watch fish finders and the fish were stacked....
    ive never fished the rock or the grand...ive always heard that the chagrin was the better of the 3 rivers....
    thanks
    fish4wall