close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Too quiet!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Hook N Book, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

What's up with all you folks up north??? The Brownies get a new football coach and not one peep out of a Browns fan? Has it been that bad up there the last few years that you can't even get excited about a new coach. Is this what they call cautiously optimistic! Hopefully, he'll take the team in the same direction??? :D Just kidding.
    It think Crennel is an excellent hire.

2. Dude, the Browns would suck even if they had Bill Bellichek as a coach. Oh wait...they had Billichek as a coach about 10 years ago and they uh.....sucked. I think this Romeo Creamwallace will be a miserable failure too. Not that he's a bad coach but the Browns are like a solid Division I college. They let Butch Davis have control of everything and I think it will take a lot of time to recover from his stupid moves and lack of moves. I like Butch Davis about as much as I liked Chris Palmer which is about the same as I like hippies!

Is this the Brown's first black head coach hire in history?

3. :eek: :eek: Owner of Browns = Brand new never owned team before
    General Manager = Brand new never was a general manager before
    Head Coach = Brand new never was a head coach before

Now factor in Quarterback problems , no offensive line, wide recievers who cannot get open and cannot catch, running backs that have not made up their minds to play or not. A defense that could not keep Notre Dame from scoring. The reason you will not hear too much from us Browns fans " We are too busy Praying to be doing much typing. " If this new management team is not the answer we can pretty much kiss this decade off as far as being competitive. :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Papaperch,
    Come on now. Don't be too pessimistic just yet. I mean the one thing that Cleveland has been able to count on all along was that they were not the worst team in Ohio. We may still have that within our sights.;):D

5. I think there is reason to feel a bit more optimistic now than say anytime the last several years. Granted we don't know what all of the new faces will bring to the table but unfortunately we did know that answer with what we had before and it was nothing to feel optimistic about. But with a coach and GM coming from two successful organizations I am hopeful that they can bring along some of the karma. I think anything beyond that level of optimism would be too much to ask at this point.:rolleyes:

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

It's too early to get optomistic. We have to get a new offensive line to replace the creampuffs then we'll get fired up. The coach is just part of the creampuffs problems.