too much fishing tackle?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BassTrackerJoe, Feb 25, 2008.

1. despite what the wife says is it possible to have too much tackle...i hope not the wife says im pretty much there!

2. Coot

Coot It's all about the doin'

Saying too much fishing tackle is like saying too much money.

It ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

3. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

If it was possible, then I hit the limit quite a few years ago. And I ain't stopped yet!!:D

4. No matter what.............you can never have too much!

5. Fishing tackle to a man is like shoes to a woman.:p

6. Everyone says I have to much. But I can't have. I still have room in the basement.

7. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Yeah, what Bob said. And let's not forget the garage. Well in my case, it's already swelled to the bursting point!

8. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Hey Guy"s.... you know your getting "close to your limit of tackle" while you fish in one boat and pull a second boat behind you "for a tackle tender", now that's what I call having a "whole lot of tackle"......PS.....my wife fishes with me, so you can easily.....double or triple those amounts..now that's begining to get to be alot of "s---"..................

9. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Heres a perfect example of how that too much tackle 'problem' happens. I'm in South Dakota on busines and everyday I drive by this place called Sportsmans Warehouse. Big as the Home Depot next door to it. I finally break down and go in and what do I do. Spend $75 on ice fishing jigs. All kinds made local I've never seen before plus many you can get anywhere. Do you know how many ice jigs you can get for $75? Not to mention I didn't 'need' any. There you go.

10. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Papawsmith........another satisfied customer.haha....and yes, you can buy a whole damn pocket full of ice jig's or flies for $75.00. Ah...... what was it that P.T. Barnum said...... Oh well, I'm sure you know that one..... Have a great day.....

11. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

What kinda question is that????

You can never have too much fishing tackle! :D

12. Last time my wife said I had too much gear, I just opened the closet door to the shampoo and makeup. Have you ever looked at the cost of some of that stuff!!!

13. Had this talk awhile back with loved one.I hate to say it..She's right.

After..

6 Boats..Have one ....Now

31 Fishing poles........Not counting salt water

7 Boxes

4 Soft carry on bags

3 Mini buckets....Gotta keep those shiners alive....

1 50 gal minnow bucket....No shiners on Kellys Island...

And a 1200 Sq Ft building,With 13 ft ceiling and door for boat....Insulated..

Yup... She's ready to Get rid of mee..

Lets go Fishing.....

14. thought i had all i needed years ago but i keep spending more $$$$$$!!!! so i guess the answer is NO!!!!:confused: :D

15. Can a guy have to much fishing tackle? is like asking can the pope say to many prayers the answer to both is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)