Too Hot!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by lg_mouth, Oct 3, 2007.

1. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

I can't believe how hot it is! I refuse to hunt when it is 90 degrees outside :mad: . I tried last Sunday evening when it was in the low 80s and all I did was sweat and chase mosquitos away from my eyes. Bug gear was working, but they were buzzing around the eye opening in my mask. Looking at the weather, doesn't look like it is going to get any better within the week. Here's hoping for a temperature drop!

Lg_mouth

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Until it cools off, I'm just going to keep waiting. Luckily Ohio has a long bow season

3. accuweather says high in the fifties for the 13th and the 14th low in the 40s:!

4. I was not able to get out last weekend. I have a free weekend, so I am not going to pass on this opportunity. I heard it is suppose to be in the 80's this weekend, so I think I am only going to hunt the mornings.

By the way, I have been enjoying my opportunities of sleeping in on the weekends, but that is about to stop. I will be getting up every morning now before sun up to either work or hunt. By season's end, I will be dragging pretty bad, but you have to be in the woods to have any chance of being successful on harvesting that wall hanger!

Best of luck!

5. lg_mouth

Hope the weathermen are right and the temps drop like that next week. Looks like I will be in the woods a lot next weekend if thos temps stick.

lg_mouth

6. we went out on a 90 degree day and it sucked. It was so freaking hot. We saw nothing. the weather has changed today and we plan to get out this week.

connie (better 1/2 of woodysoutdoors, LOL!)

7. My buddy went out to hunt this morning and he said the deer were moving. I am real anxious to get out this weekend.

On a side note, the stand I usually hunt on his property was recently stolen. I can't stand thieves. Rather than putting in a honest day of work to buy treestands, they steal from those who do. This is the second stand stolen within a year. Hopefully, we run into him wondering around the property some weekend.

Oh well, I'll just have to take the climber out this weekend.

8. I hate theives. Too bad they can't make a shocker for tree stands that way if someone tries to steel it they get shocked.

I am very excited and wish I could get out today. Oh well just have to wait a couple more days.

9. lg_mouth

Yeah, when I woke up this morning and felt that cool breeze through my bedroom windows, I thought I might be "sick" and not be able to go to work. Well, conscious got the better of me and will be racing home this afternoon after work and heading to the blind. Hopefully will be able to bag a good doe, or maybe a buck if I am so blessed to get one.

Good luck to all who are heading out. It should be on!

Lg_mouth