Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
was driving on I75 just south of I275 north of Cincy at 2:45 this afternoon, car thermometer said 99 outside

Reactions: MuskyFan

·
June 3rd 2023 the next date
11,189 Posts
Wait a day. Truck read 104 at work, 98 on the way home. Bike ride tomorrow morning, and especially Friday morning, is going to be quite different. Start of Fall is tomorrow, temp drops right on time...gotta love it.

What are the fish going to do the weekend?
Fish may shut down with the cold front. Calling for the high 30s friday morning north of Dayton

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fish may shut down with the cold front. Calling for the high 30s friday morning north of Dayton
I’ll be chasing them anyway. Hopefully, it will cut down on the pleasure boat riff raff. Be nice not to be soaked in sweat by 9am. One of my AFTCO sweatshirts will be keeping me warm on the way to work on the bike in the morning. 😃

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is without a doubt my favorite time of year, with my favorite day being first frost. One of the few times when catching fish is considered a bonus, leaving the boat at home and sitting along Paint Creek, way, way up...just below the last riffle. (Back before the public access road was turned over to the city of Greenfield for a bike path, making it a 2 mile hike now)
Just cool enough for a sweatshirt but not cold enough for pants...or especially boots and wool socks :p

Bait out, round up some dry wood and get a little fire going. Relax to the sound of crackling fire and water running over the rocks, halfway hoping some stupid fish doesn't come along and ruin it by hitting your bait.
If that kinda evening doesn't take your cares away, you got some pretty big problems to sort through.

I do expect catfish to be catchable on medium depth flats just off the channels in the next few days....I'd be looking for them on the 6-8' deep shelves coming right off the deep water.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Going to be casting and jigging at CC tomorrow AM. Maybe see you out there. Big green net on the outboard
Got out but late, after the rain. Fished the south side. Kept an eye out for green net.

Fish are moving and the lake is dropping faster than I’d expect it to. Managed a 39” at 3pm. Nice fish but I got spoiled for the last two months. Got one 43” last weekend and three over 40” the weekend (actually Friday) before. But still an outstanding day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts