close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Too Early Yet ?????????

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Richs63Corvair, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Is it too early yet for doe estrous ? Anyone using it yet with any sucess ? Thanks.............Rich

2. I have never been a proponent of using the estrous products. I have tried them several times over the years and I always seem to burn my money. It seems that the best method for me once the chase draws near is to find the high traffic areas and put in your time. I am sure many will swear by the stuff but I have had deer walk by the stuff oblivious to it too many times. I think nothing beats the real thing. Perhaps I have never found a good brand, but I have tried several.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I had some Buck activity (proof from Cam pics) when I put up some curosoity (spelling?) sent out in my dripper. But thats all I've used so far.

4. I have talked to a couple of guys who say that they have seen some bucks with their noses to the ground. I don't think it would hurt. Just don't over do it. The one guy I talked to said a buck came up and pretty much stopped the same place a doe was the day before and (not providing a shot) turned and walked the same way back out as if he was hot on her. By no means am i an expert or anything close, but that behavior seems like he was interested in her....Good luck

5. I think it's close enough now that you may see some results. I watched a real nice buck nosing does last night before dark. Personally, I've never had any luck with scents, but I know some people who do.

6. The reason I was asking is that 2 years ago I did a drag rag of Knight & Hales doe estous down at Charles Mill and had a nice buck follow it till he got 40 yards from my tree stand then he just quit and went in the woods. I can't remember if it was this early though. Thanks guys and I'll probaly wait another week to try it...........Rich