Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my wife I was planning on fishing mosquito this weekend and next then she called me “crazy” and said “I have a serious addiction” - jokingly of course.

Anybody else out there float until the ice wins??

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
570 Posts
I took my canoe out this morning. Ice on parts of the little lake I fished. Didn't catch anything though.

Reactions: HappySnag

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Went kayaking twice this past week. Thinking Monday or Tuesday is looking good. I wear my old neoprene waders that leak. No good for wading but keep me plenty warm and dry in the sit inside kayaks.
What happens if you have a spill while wearing waders even with a belt on , your like a bobber floating, I slipped in while wading neoprene waders and my legs kicked up with air trapped inside, had a [email protected]$ of a time gettin up. And that was just offshore after crappie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Taking a half day vac tomorrow and going kayaking/fishing.
What if you get in a car accident going 70mph on the way to work tomorrow? You supposed to quit driving?
I don’t let “what if’s” rule my life.
But I do wear my seatbelt....

·
Powderfinger
7,561 Posts
But I do wear my seatbelt....
Yes, but do you fish?

Seriously though, I really DO appreciate all your efforts to protect me from myself but Lewzer is a big boy. I've been winter kayak fishing for almost 30 years. So while you all talk about
fast wa wa and Uncle Timbo, I'm going fishing before we have 6" of hard ice on Monday like BB and IBJ are confidently predicting.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
I have floated this time of year. Prepare your self and be carefull. Theres alot of guys put there still kayaking.
Use common sence,dont take risks. Itll be fine. Lewzer I'm confident in your ability to protect yourself;)....
I do like the wetsuit idea. Good insurance plan.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
It is only too cold to float if the lake is iced over. Eskimos have been fishing in cold waters for thousands of years.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I float until I can walk on the ice. I've never went in, but I've started wearing my striker coat & bibs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts