close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tonto doing well!!!!

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Corey, May 28, 2005.

1. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

FYI, Tonto is doing well at the Cabela's Nationals in Dubuque, Iowa. Yesterday was an exceptionally poor bite, with only 93 boats weighing fish and the majority of the field ending tied for 94th Place, lol. Tonto is sitting in 33rd Place, about 9 pounds out of 1st. It would be nice to see one of our own take home the big money and a new Ranger. One of the WRWA guys, past club President Jim Breedlove, is sitting in 13th Place, about 6.5 pounds out of 1st.

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Hope he takes it. :)
    I like the way you put this....
    ;)

3. Corey

Oh well, he sure didn't do it. It must have been a tremendously tough bite. Not one team in two days weighed in a limit of fish. Breedlove did squeak into 25th Place, making the top 25 All American list with some nice prizes. Tonto went fishless, unless the weighin isn't fully updated yet. Lol mrfishohio, now the rest of the field is tied for 116th. Half the field or better didn't weigh in a fish over the 2 days. I'm gonna give Tonto a ring on his cell and find out just what happened out there. I'll post again after I talk to him.

4. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Thanks for the update.

5. Corey

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Oh well.Tonto gave it a nice run!
    Give him a pat on the back for me Jim.
    It can be so tough in these big tournaments.
    All the added pressure and boat traffic makes it tough to nail down a pattern or spot.
    I know Corey and I had some nice fish nailed down all during prefishing at the Cabela's Nationals in Kansas.
    Trying to hit your spots on tourney day is a whole different story though.
    But man....what an experience it is to fish under that spotlight against the country's best Walleye anglers!