close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tonight's Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EE, Feb 20, 2008.

1. EE

EE

3 pictures in sequence (1st and 3rd pictures show a tree branch in the foreground).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I have been checking it out and it looks cool. I do not have a good enough camera for taking any pics of it:( It definately has a reddish orange hue from my point of view.

3. EE

EE

yep, it was a brownish red color here as well, until looking at it through the telescope.
    I got those pictures by holding my camera up to the eyepiece of the telescope...a bit unusual, but after 15-20 pictures I got a few that were decent.

4. I watched it some last night as well but I didn't see that tree branch anywhere.:D:p

It was cool to watch. Our two younger boys were already in bed so they did not get to witness it. I hope they schedule the next one on a weekend so they don't have school the next day.:D

5. Cool pics Eric. Our skies were amazingly clear last night. I stayed up long enough to see the 1st image...minus the tree branch.

6. Heres one shot of mine. I had limited success last night, but this one shows the color...

[​IMG]

7. That was pretty cool.. i was able to brave the cold last night and check it inperson last night... it was a beautiful crisp night...

I tried taken a few photos ..but to no avail.. thanks for the pics and the post!

Frank

8. EE

EE

it was a pretty cool sight for sure, my boys really enjoyed checking it out.
    Unlike many others, I didn't brave the cold......... I set my telescope up in the loft and watched out the picture window facing the woods (hence the branch!:p ).