close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tomorrow night: Lecture by Ohio's Fish Czar

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eugene, Jul 9, 2008.

1. In case any of you are feeling like being a fish/nature nerd over the rest of the summer, my day job offers a lecture series on Thursday evenings. The 7:45 Guest Lectures are preceded by shorter lectures on current research at 7:00. You can watch from either of two places: Stone Lab itself on Gibraltar Island or Ohio State (OSU), Kottman Hall, rm. 333, 2021 Coffey Rd., Columbus, OH 43210. The series began on 12 June and will run through 7 August. You can find detail at the Stone Lab web site. I'll tend the video feed to the Columbus campus and hope to see you there.

I'm posting this now because tomorrow night's main lecture will be by Ray Petering, ODNR-Division of Wildlife, Lord over all Ohio's Fish. Ray is a great guy and comes to his position from a long and illustrious run as a field biologist for the Division. I'm really looking forward to this one. Feel free to join me at OSU's Kottman Hall. ...And you can ask questions and interact with the speakers from the remote site.

2. Anybody who makes it tonight, please be certain to give me your "howdy."

3. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

Eugene, my husband and I would be interested if we could make it! We have a captains meeting for the tourney here in Cleveland.

Keep us posted on the series....