Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to flyfishing. I wanna hit some river action tomorrow. Any suggestions on a location to catch something? Something anything that swims. Grand or chagrin.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lol I live in fairport. Thats why I'm looking close. I catch my share of steel. I just tied 5 buggars today maybe one or two more tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Ill probably try both.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
How'd you do?

I've always done ok on the upper Chagrin for a variety of species(though mostly smallies). I actually fished the Grand yesterday for a little bit around Harpersfield and caught 2 little bass, a couple rock bass out of one pool, a bluegill, and a ton of shiners and chubs. Also sight fished to a drum for a little bit but he wanted nothing to do with my flies. The river's probably better farther downstream, never did all that well where I was at.

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I messed ar our und at helen hazen. For a few. I had the woman and baby with me so I didn't get to explore n try very long. It was nice getting out with the family though.

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh believe me Im there during steel time. Just getting into the fly side

·
Jay
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh believe me Im there during steel time. Just getting into the fly side. I don't know the chargin except for Daniels park. I got spoiled last year tieing marabou jigs and hammering steel. Want to get some practice fly fishing before the big boys come. I can catch gills in a pind like its nothing. Its the stream thing that's new to me. If that clarifies any

1 - 7 of 7 Posts