Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to "Inside the Great Outdoors" radio yesterday on my way back from Castalia, and there was a caller that had some questions about crappie, and how they were biting.

Tom, I hope you see this...:D

The crappie are still hitting, though they have moved out into deeper water and are suspending. As the water gets warmer, the fish will be back in shallow before you know it. But, if you know of any deep creek channels or points that drop sharply that are NEAR shallow areas, try there. The fish should suspend in the deeper water. Also, use smaller presentations for the fish. Small minnows, waxworms or maggoits on ice jigs.

Hopefully, this is the LAST of the cold and snow for this Spring and we can all get out and catch some slabs!

I think the crappie should be withing casting distance of teh Rt. 88 Causeway out at Mosquito by the end of the week. Call Linda at Causeway Bait and Tackle. She's VERY accurate in her reports.

Good luck on the crappies, wherever you try for them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Apparently we have a mutual friend! He was talking about you and I said that I think I knew who he was talking about. I asked him if he wore an orange jacket. He said yep that's him! So, Eddie says "Hi!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts