Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been up to the western basin reef fishing for walleye in the spring, but have never been fishing in the Toledo area. Can anyone who is familier with fishing out of the west end of Lake Erie tell me where to go, what ramps are easy to find and how to fish for walleye right now? I would appreciate any information you guys are willing to share. Toledo would be a bit closer for me than the reef area.

Thanks,

Crazy

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Toledo's closer for me too, but I'm fishing the reefs this year. Not sure where the ramps are, my brother-in-law always drove, but out east of the lighthouse is where we found most of the action in years past, jigging now, bottom bouncers and harnesses in a few weeks. In the bay at the mouth of the river is good also. I hear they're tearing them up right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crazy,
There is a a couple of ramp choices there is Cullens park ramp on Summit St. in Toledo,which is a pretty short run to the mouth and bay or you go to Mienke Marina on Courduroy Rd. in Oregon and on the backside of the marina there is a Lucas county ramp which is free, from these ramps its about a 6 to 7 mile run to the light house and turtle island area but have cuaght fish from the harbour entrance all the way to the mouth of the river plus there are a couple of bait stores by the last 2 ramps i mentioned. I think if you do a google search you should be able to get a map for little better directions. Good luck Im goin out this weekend for the first time this year myself.:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts