close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Todays Fishing 2 spots, did ok.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Me and my dad boated the Darb today and fished a new pond. The darb treated me batter with a dink SM a 10inch Sm and a 10inch FAT LM. My dad got a little rock bass. Saw a LM that looked about 3lbs but spooked him, we got to close before we saw him :mad: . Then we Tried the new pond, allot of DINK LM's. I got 5lm's, my dad got 1, biggest being about 10-11inches, only two like that. Most were 5-6 lol. tried throwing some larger lures looking for bigger bass and to keep the dinks away. But with an hour left went back to small stuff lol. Fun day, got FRYED by sun :mad: (not mad just RED).

Fun day on the water, not the best when comes to catching fish of size or #'s but cool.

Sorry no pics, remember biggest fish was a 10inch LM and weighed a 1lb (it was fat).

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Forgot to add, while on the Darby, we pulled up under a tree and an Owl came flying out of it right by us with its prey in its grasp. the Owl was huge and it's prey was a big Muskrat. It was a pretty cool sight.

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Lemme guess, new beaver lake by chance?

If so, I got a pic you need to see.
    If not, I might post it anyways...:D

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Yep new BEaver Lake lol. Was wanting go past weeks but was not open. Did not plan on hitting the place but drove by and saw it was open. Is the pic of the 8 pounder caught out of there yesterday by any chance?

5. shwookie

eh, you heard that huh?
    Yep.
    Let me figure how to post it.

6. shwookie

I went fri night and the guy paddled past me by and stopped about 50 yards behind me. About 3 minutes later, I sat in my yak and watched him fight this hawg. It was a most impressive fish. The eyes of this thing were the size of dimes, looked like black marbles.
    Biggest bass I have ever seen in person.

I caught 2 10" friday, and went back this morning and caught 1 12". Really sad since I saw that pig pulled out of the same water, lol.

7. ReRobb

ReRobb master baiter

hey shwookie, I was the guy in the pontoon, and the guy who caught that fish is a great friend of mine. please don't give any more info about that place, or else there won't be anymore like it in there. By the way, that fish measured 24 inches, and 8 1/2 on one digital scale, and 8 1/8 on the other.
    Goin back in the am, maybe we'll see ya there.

8. ReRobb

ReRobb master baiter

by the way, how did bubba learn about it so quick?

9. shwookie

I was wondering if any of you guys were on here. The info on it is being limited. I'm surely not catching anything like that out of there anyways.

10. shwookie

He was there again this morning, i'm sure others were as well. I heard talk about it this morning when I was out there.
    Thats my best guess.

11. ReRobb

ReRobb master baiter

yea, the best I've seen, or caught (Other than his fish)was a 12" bass, but the bluegill, crappie, and perch are quite impressive for that little hole.

Like I said, We'll be out first thing in the A.M. If you are out there, say hi, I'll be in my pontoon.

12. shwookie

I'm really tempted to go. Trust me.

13. Bubba bass bigfoot

i heard from an older guy who talked to you or him. I am wanting to get back out there but dont think my dad will be up for it lol. I will keep the info low on that place but it's not like no one else is going to find it. before you know it, it will be over fished and dead, saw a guy there today who kept a littl 11-12 inch bass, had some real cool spotting on the fish. no need to keep it. the 8lb one i could see keeping for a throphy but still would have liked to know that was released, let it fight another day and breed. Its all good though, not getting on anyone.

14. shwookie

Totally agree on the over fished and dead part.
    100%.

Also agree with the c&r part, but thats just how I am.
    I can't blame him at all for keeping it.

15. Bubba bass bigfoot

Same here, i am C&R no questions asked. Im not getting oin anyone for keeping the fish.

16. Bubba bass bigfoot

The place would not become over fished if everyone would follow the laws as far as limit and length. Just last year when leaving a Darby spot (my fav) there were some guys who just got done fishing it, they had a stringer full of 10-12inch s-eyes, and allot of them, plus a Sm or 2. Dont know if those are to short. Last year we caught allot of nice s-eyes 10-15inches. This year not a one yet. this area has allot (ALLOT) more people fishing it, and the fishing is become very slow (Still good but not the way it was last year) Dont care of they fish, but do care if they take fish that are illegal and take over the limit.