close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Today On The Olentangy

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SmallieNut, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Not a bad day 6 smallies, 3 bluegills, and 1 rock bass. No real big fish Largest was a 12 in smallie. I saw a couple with some size but they were not cooperating.

Nothing beats watching the sun come up on the river, seeing some waterfowl, catching fish and just enjoying being there.

Catch some big ones.

SmallieNut

2. I also had a nice time on the Olentangy yesterday. About 12-16 total fish with the best being a 19inch smallmouth. once I got the right lure on the line, it was on. Never fished this spot before, but needless to say I will be going back for more

topped the day off with a trip to Apple Valley last night. 2.5 lb bass on the second cast and then nothing for the next 2 hours

3. I will be going out there today for a few hrs hopefully I can have some decent catches. I have got fish everytime I go. I just haven't been able to pick up on the bigger fish. The biggest bass I have gotten in 4 trips is about a 12incher. What are you guys throwing out there? I have been using white or chartruse jigs and rooster tails.

Brian

4. I went out today for a few hrs and only managed 3 fish they were all smallies biggest one going about 10 inches.

5. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

try a topwater popper. fun and effective for the larger bass

6. Does anyone ever fish the portion of the olentangy that runs along the bike path in upper arlington? i've heard the fishing there is pretty light. i don't hear anyone pulling anything bigger than 12" smallies out of there.

7. I was up about a mile or 2 north of powell rd. I was throwing some GULP! soft craws and slowly dragging them across the bottom. If you can find the GULP stuff, I would highly recommend picking it up. I have almost always had some good luck throwing that it the local rivers. I've heard of some good fishing in the tangy up north, but it was the first time I have been in the river up there and it was great.

8. I have fished the tangy from dodright to north broadway recently with nothing coming in over 12". Plenty of carp. I have had decent luck up near antrim but haven't been up there this year.