Ohio Game Fishing banner
201 - 220 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
August 16, 2022
Forehead Face Nose Smile Skin

The King and Queen both pass away on August 16, 41 years apart.
Elvis was born January 8, 1935 Tupelo, Mississippi. He died August 16, 1977 in Memphis.
Aretha Franklin was born March 25, 1942 in Memphis. She passed away August 16, 2018 in Detroit.

"(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" '67

"I Say a Little Prayer" '70

"How Great Thou Art" '70

"An American Trilogy" Aloha from Hawaii '73

"Amazing Grace" '71
Dang, didn't mean to go off on too much of a gospel or religious tangent, but that's five of the greatest recordings ever right there ✌

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 · (Edited)
August 20, 2022
#1 country song this week 1969 Merle Haggard "Workin' Man Blues"..from Austin City Limits '78..

"The Storyteller", Tom T. Hall passed away August 20, 2021 in Franklin, Tennessee. He was born May 25, 1936 Tick Ridge, Kentucky. Just about every country singer back then had a hit either covering, or singing one of the songs that he had written. "Faster Horses (The Cowboy and the Poet)" ...written and recorded by Tom in 1975

This week 1970, CCR's fifth album, "Cosmo's Factory", hits #1. It remains there for eight more weeks. "Long as I Can See the Light"

Hairstyle Sleeve Standing Musician Leather jacket

Two of the greatest frontmen ever, Phil Lynott and Robert Plant were born on August 20 (in the same town also).

Thin Lizzy founder and leader, Phil Lynott was born August 20, 1949 in West Bromlich, Staffordshire, England. He was raised in Dublin, Ireland by his grandparents. Phil passed away January 4, 1986 Wiltshire, England. "The Boys Are Back In Town" '76

Robert Plant was born August 20, 1948, also in West Bromlich, Staffordshire, England.
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" ... from Led Zeppelin live Copenhagen '69

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 · (Edited)
August 21, 2022
Watch Musician Guitar accessory Musical instrument Sleeve
Phil and Don Everly.
Older brother Don passed away August 21, 2021 in Nashville. He was born in Brownie, Kentucky on February 1, 1937. Phil was born in 1939 and passed in 2014. "Cathy's Clown"..written by Don, their biggest selling record '60

This day in 1961 Patsy Cline begins recording the Willie Nelson written "Crazy". Patsy had recently been in a car wreck and was on crutches and had bruised (broken) ribs. In obvious pain, and not able to hit the high notes, the session was cancelled. She returns on September 15 to record the final version...in one take.

Kenny Rogers is born in Houston August 21, 1938. He died March 20, 2020 in Sandy Springs, Georgia. "We've Got Tonight" '85...with walk-on by Dolly ...some funny joking around between the two after the song

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Musician

Co-founder, guitarist and co-vocalist of The Clash, Joe Strummer, is born in 1952 Ankara, Turkey. He passed away December 22, 2002 Somerset, England. "Should I Stay or Should I Go Now" '82 Mick Jones lead vocals..

Musical instrument Guitar Concert String instrument Musician

Lead singer and bassist Glenn Hughes is born in 1951 Stafforshire, England. Still touring today, he fronted numerous bands including Trapeze, Black Sabbath (one album) and Deep Purple from 1973- the breakup in 1976. "Burn" recorded by the Mk III lineup in '73 (w/Ritchie Blackmore, Coverdale) clip is from '75 Mk IV lineup David Coverdale lead vocals..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
August 22, 2022
This day in 1964 The Supremes "Where Did Our Love Go" hits #1. The first of their twelve #1's..

Smile Beard Tree Hat Plant
Ronnie and Dale Hawkins..2006
Dale Hawkins was born August 22, 1936 St. Mary Parish, Louisiana. He passed away February 13, 2010 Little Rock, Arkansas. Dale co-wrote and first recorded "Susie-Q" in 1957. Cousin to the legendary Ronnie Hawkins (1935-2022)...

#1 this week country song 1969..."A Boy Named Sue" Johnny Cash.. clip from '72.....

John Lee Hooker is born August 22, 1912 (or 1917), Tallahatchie County, Mississippi. He passed away June 21, 2001 Los Altos, California. You must be good when your backup band is Eric Clapton and The Rolling Stones.."Boogie Chillen'" '89..

Photograph Musical instrument Guitar accessory Hat Fashion

Ed King passed away August 22, 2018. He was born September 14, 1949 Glendale, California. He was a founding member of the group "Strawberry Alarm Clock" (Incense and Peppermints) in '67. He co-wrote "Sweet Home Alabama" while with Lynyrd Skynyrd from '72-'75. It's Ed's voice at the beginning of Sweet Home with the "1..2..3" "Workin' For MCA" '74..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
August 23, 2022
Smile Eyebrow Coat Flash photography Jaw

Rudy Lewis was born August 23, 1936 in Philadelphia. He passed May 20, 1964 in Harlem making him an early member of the 27 Club. Rudy took over the lead vocal spot of The Drifters in 1960 after Ben E. King left the group to go solo. "Up On The Roof" '62

Jimy Sohns was born August 23, 1946. He died just last month, July 29, 2022. Lead singer of The Shadows of Knight who were one of the first to cover Van Morrison's "Gloria" in '66. He's the one singing into the fire extinguisher :LOL:

#1 this week 1968...The Rascals "People Got To Be Free" from '70...

1973 #1 country song this week..."Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man" Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn

Clothing Hand Smile Arm Photograph

Keith Moon was born August 23, 1946 Wembley, England. He died September 7, 1978 in London. What can ya say about him? Too many stories to pick one. Amazing that he made it to 32....."Who Are You" clip from May '78..he dies five months later

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
August 24, 2022
Smile Hairstyle Facial expression Sleeve Standing
Gary Duncan, John Cipollina, Greg Elmore, David Freiberg 1967
Two members of Quicksilver Messenger Service were born on August 24. John Cipollina was born in 1943. He passed in 1989. David Freiberg was born in 1938. He also spent years with Jefferson Airplane/Starship. Still out touring at 84. "Fresh Air" Closing of The Fillmore '71...no Cipollina in clip, early video of them performing live is pretty rare, especially when there are 27 members listed as past and present...

#1 country song 1966 "Almost Persuaded" David Houston..

Face Hair Membranophone Musical instrument Microphone

Heart drummer (1975-1982) Michael Derosier is born in 1951. Appeared on the "first" six albums. 38 past and current members listed

One year ago today, Charlie Watts passed away in London at 80. "Far Away Eyes" '06..love the drum cam from Scorsese's "Shine A Light" 2008 concert film..

Toy Video game software Animated cartoon Action film Recreation

Danny Joe Brown is also born August 24, 1951. He passed away March 10, 2005. Molly Hatchet lead singer from '74-'80 and '82-'95
"Dreams I'll Never See" and "Flirtin' With Disaster" at 7:00..'83 12min

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
August 25, 2022
Danny Smythe was a founding member and drummer for The Box Tops. He was born August 25 in Memphis. He passes away July 6, 2016 in Plainfield, Illinois. "The Letter" '67

Elvis Costello turns 68 today. He was born August 25, 1954 in London. "Radio, Radio" '78

Gene Simmons of KISS was born August 25, 1949 Haifa, Israel. "Shout It Out Loud" '77. I probably have to send him some money for posting this..

Judas Priest's Rob Halford is born August 25, 1951 Coldfield, England. "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" US Festival '83

This date in 1975, Bruce Springsteen releases his third album "Born to Run".
"Thunder Road" '75

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
August 26, 2022
Forehead Nose Jaw Sleeve Flash photography

Ronnie White was the only member of "The Miracles" who stayed with the group from 1955 to 1995. He passed away August 26, 1995 in Detroit. He was born April 5, 1939 in Detroit. "Going to a Go-Go" with Smokey on lead vocals....

Membranophone Musical instrument Photograph Drum Musician

The Velvet Underground's drummer Maureen "Moe" Tucker was born August 26, 1944 in Queens, NYC. "Sweet Jane" '69

10cc perform live for the first in 1973. "The Things We Do For Love" '77

"The Isle of Wight' festival starts on August 26, 1970. The festival ran from '68-'70, then shut down until it was revived in 2002. Really the end of "peace and love" era. Bigger than Woodstock, estimates say 700K, but a disaster once said and done.
"Break On Through (To the Other Side)" The Doors...

Partial clip of Jimi with "Machine Gun" from the "Blue Wild Angel" dvd release of the show.. Jimi dies about three weeks later, Sept.18.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 · (Edited)
August 27, 2022
The Turtles bassist from '66-'67, Chip Douglas, was born 1942 San Francisco. Not the same "My Three Sons" Chip Douglas. Produced several Monkees albums later on and is still workin' hard today. "Happy Together" '67..

Vanilla Fudge founding member and bassist Tim Bogert was born August 27, 1944 New York City. He passed January 13, 2021 Simi Valley, California. "Keep Me Hangin' On" '68 **audio clears up in :30

Trousers White Fashion Standing Black-and-white
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Musician

Rush guitarist from day #1, Alex Lifeson was born August 27, 1953 British Columbia, Canada.
"Closer to the Heart" '81

Mythical creature Guitar accessory Gesture Painting Supernatural creature

August 27, 1990 the helicopter leaving the show at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin went down killing Stevie, the pilot, and three members of Eric Clapton's touring band :cry: Stephen Ray Vaughan was born October 3, 1954 Dallas, Texas. Of course all of his original stuff is great, just something about when he covered a Jimi tune that is just.....
Clean and sober for this amazing October 10, '89 Austin City Limits set..."Voodoo Child" 8min.. link at bottom is to full 30min set

"Little Wing" The El Mocabo, Toronto '83..one of the greatest performances ever recorded IMHO and all that other stuff...doesn't appear on the original dvd release...

“One Night In Texas” Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble Live 1989

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 · (Edited)
August 28, 2022
August 28, 1968 three of The Beatles start the two days of recording "Dear Prudence" for The White Album. Paul plays drums while Ringo flips the bird and takes off with his family on vacation. Maybe three other songs where this happened..Back In The U.S.S.R., Martha My Dear, The Ballad of John and Yoko. Whole websites that just argue these instances

Outerwear Coat Sleeve Blazer Jacket

"Hutch" turns 79 today. David Soul was born August 28, 1943 in Chicago. Paul Michael Glaser, "Starsky", still kickin' at 79 also.
"Don't Give Up On Us Baby" '77

Tammy Wynette first records "Stand By Your Man" in '68..Original version rehearsed and recorded in just 15 minutes. Clip from The Johnny Cash Show February '70....

Membranophone Musical instrument Photograph Drum Idiophone

Founding member and drummer for "Chicago", Danny Seraphine, turns 78 today. Seven truly gifted musicians on stage together.. "Beginnings" from Tanglewood '70..

Musical instrument Musician String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Original guitarist of Molly Hatchet, Dave Hlubek, was born August 28, 1951 in Jacksonville, Florida (think Skynyrd). He passed away September 2, 2017 in Jacksonville. "Dreams I'll Never See" New Jersey '78...

·
Registered
972 Posts
August 28, 2022
August 28, 1968 three of The Beatles start the two days of recording "Dear Prudence" for The White Album. Paul plays drums while Ringo flips the bird and takes off with his family on vacation. Maybe three other songs where this happened..Back In The U.S.S.R., Martha My Dear, The Ballad of John and Yoko. Whole websites that just argue these instances

View attachment 493993
"Hutch" turns 79 today. David Soul was born August 28, 1943 in Chicago. Paul Michael Glaser, "Starsky", still kickin' at 79 also.
"Don't Give Up On Us Baby" '77

Tammy Wynette first records "Stand By Your Man" in '68..Original version rehearsed and recorded in just 15 minutes. Clip from The Johnny Cash Show February '70....

View attachment 493994
Founding member and drummer for "Chicago", Danny Seraphine, turns 78 today. Seven truly gifted musicians on stage together.. "Beginnings" from Tanglewood '70..

View attachment 493995
Original guitarist of Molly Hatchet, Dave Hlubek, was born August 28, 1951 in Jacksonville, Florida (think Skynyrd). He passed away September 2, 2017 in Jacksonville. "Dreams I'll Never See" New Jersey '78...
Favorite Chicago song of all time. Took my wife on our first date to a Chicago concert in Cincinnati 52 years ago. Been married for 49.(Uncle Sam got in the way for 2 years).They still put on a respectable show today,even still have the original horn section

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 · (Edited)
Favorite Chicago song of all time. Took my wife on our first date to a Chicago concert in Cincinnati 52 years ago. Been married for 49.(Uncle Sam got in the way for 2 years).They still put on a respectable show today,even still have the original horn section
Congrats to you and the missus. Girls I attended concerts with back in the day weren't quite wife material;) Come to think of it, neither was my first wife :LOL: The death of guitarist Terry Kath at such an early age was just a terrible loss. That whole 90 min "Tanglewood" show is available on yt. Amazing performance.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
August 29, 2022
Michael Joseph Jackson was born 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He died June 25, 2009 in Los Angeles..
"I Want You Back" '71

Arm Muscle Black Human Beard
Iron Butterfly drummer, Ron Bushy, passed away August 29, 2021 Santa Monica. He was born December 23, 1941 Washington, D.C. Only member (Wiki lists 64 members :LOL:) to appear on all six Butterfly studio albums, including "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" ..
"Unconscious Power" '68

John Drake (Brake) passed away August 29, 2021 Naperville, Illinois. He was born January 1, 1941 in Detroit. Amboy Dukes original lead singer til Uncle Ted started taking over...
"Journey to the Center of the Mind" '68

#1 country song 1973 "Everybody's Had The Blues" Merle Haggard..

Forehead Smile Jaw Happy Dress shirt

Dick Halligan was a founding member, trombonist, keyboardist and flutist of Blood Sweat & Tears. He was born August 29, 1943 Troy, New York. He passed January 18, 2022 Rome, Italy..
"And When I Die" '70

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
August 30, 2022
August 30, 1949 Hank Williams first records "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" at Herzog Studios in Cincinnati, Ohio

"Papa" John Phillips was born August 30, 1935 Parris Island, South Carolina. He passed away March 18, 2001 in Los Angeles. "Monday, Monday" Sullivan '66

Smile Head Microphone Guitar accessory Guitar

Identical twins Jim (left) and Jon (right) Hager were born August 30, 1941 in Chicago. Jim passed in 2008, Jon passed eight months later in 2009. Story is Buck Owens found them playing for one of those cheezy musicals at Disneyland and signed them to contracts with Hee-Haw in '69. They appeared on the show til 1986. covering Merle's "Silver Wings"...

1972, John and Yoko hold the "One To One" benefit concert at MSG. John buys $60,000 worth of tickets for the show and gives them away to the charity. "Come Together"...**guaranteed no Yoko squawking in clip

#1 1973...Stories "Brother Louie". Originally written and recorded by the group "Hot Chocolate". Controversial song from day one.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
August 31, 2022
Smile Forehead Hair Face Chin

The Crickets drummer, Jerry Allison was born August 31, 1939 Hillsboro, Texas. He passed just last week August 22, 2022 Lyles, Tennessee. According to Holly's biographer John Goldrosen, the song "Peggy Sue" was originally named after Holly's niece, Cindy Lou, but the name was changed at Allison's request: Peggy Sue was Allison's girlfriend and later wife, Peggy Sue Gerron (1940–2018), and the altered title was a way of asking her to come back after a breakup. Sullivan '57

Bob Welch was born August 31, 1945 Hollywood. He passed June 7, 2012 Antioch, Tennessee. Was right in the middle of the screwed up Fleetwood Mac days of '71-'74. Longer solo career. "Ebony Eyes" '81 with Stevie sneaking on stage half way

Musical instrument Guitar Musician Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Founding member, vocalist, and guitarist of, "Squeeze", Glenn Tillbrook was born in 1957 London.
"Tempted" '81, Paul Carrack lead vocals..

Musical instrument Guitar Concert Musician String instrument accessory

"Scorpions" founding member (in '65), Rudolf Schneker, was born in 1949, Hildesheim, Germany.
Still out gettin' it done. "We'll Burn the Sky" '77, from the last album with Uli Jon Roth on lead..

Van "the Man" Morrison was born August 31, 1945 Belfast, Northern Ireland.
"Into The Mystic" San Francisco '74

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 · (Edited)
September 1, 2022
Boxcar Willie (b. Lecil Travis Martin) was born on this date in 1931 Ovilla, Texas. He passed away April 12, 1999 Branson, Missouri.
B-29 Flight Engineer during the Korean War. "Wabash Cannonball" '80 (clip '85)

Conway Twitty was born September 1, 1933 Friars Point, Mississippi. He passed June 5, 1993 Springfield, Missouri.
"That's My Job" '87

Jerry Reed passed away September 1, 2008 in Nashville. He was born March 20, 1937 Atlanta.
"She Got The Gold Mine (I Got The Shaft)" '82

Clothing Smile Trousers White Coat
Barry, Robin, Maurice, Andy Gibb.
Last surviving brother, Sir Barry Alan Crompton Gibb was born September 1, 1946 Douglas, Isle of Man. "Words"... Sullivan '68

#1 in 1973 "Let's Get It On" Marvin Gaye..clip from '81

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
September 2, 2022
Suit trousers Coat Sleeve Standing Gesture
Curtis Mayfield, Sam Gooden, Fred Cash..
Founding member of "The Impressions", Sam Gooden, passed away August 4, 2022 in Chattanooga. He was born, also in Chattanooga, September 2, 1934......"It's All Right" '65 👏

1964 The Stones record their version of Willie Dixon's "Little Red Rooster"..first and only "blues" song to ever hit #1 in the UK..

Forehead Hair Nose Face Head
James and Bobby Purify...
Robert Lee Dickey (the "original" Bobby Purify, although they were cousins) was born September 2, 1939 Tallahassee. He passed December 29, 2011. James passed January 21, 2021..."I'm Your Puppet" '66

#1 country song this week '74 "The Grand Tour".... George Jones.. intro by Tammy;)

One of the many "Fifth Beatles", Billy Preston, was born September 2, 1946 Houston, Texas. He passed away June 6, 2005 Scottsdale, Arizona. "Nothing from Nothing" Midnight Special '75

201 - 220 of 268 Posts