close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

to the bengal fans

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by smallie, Jan 2, 2005.

1. smallie

smallie smallmouth icon

well the team went 8-8 again for the second year. they knocked off the eagles . looking back over the season, i think cincy will be a force to recon with in 2005. carson palmer grew up into a nfl qb overnight. our rookies looked very promising. hopefully they can re-sign rudi and t.j. all in all, marvin has the team going in thr right direction. go bengals

2. catking

catking Banned

Cincinnati did what a good team should do to a team playing second stringers like the Eagles did. We kicked the crap out of them. The Bengals are on the right track , and I really believe they will be in the playoffs next year . If the ball bounced a few times our way this year, we would be there NOW. But I like what I see.......... THE CATKING !!!

3. I hope you guys are right! It's been a long time coming!

Tim

4. Just look what Marvin has done in the draft....a lot of his rookies were big time players this year.

He likes lower picks, he'll do well in this years draft.

I think the surprise next year will be Perry.....Marvin picked him because he is good, if they don't get Rudy Signed (They will) we'll see a lot of Perry.

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

i just hope they dont pay rudi too much money. he is asking for big money that some other running backs have got. The only difference is those backs are able to be one the field for 3 downs while rudi can only play two downs. You can't pay a two down back the same kind of money. While it would be nice to have rudi back, it better be only at a reasonable price b/c an NFL team can't afford to pay big bucks to two players in the same position(rudi/Perry) when that money could be spent on other positions.

6. Given the Bengals track record on payroll, I don't think breaking the bank with Rudi will be a major risk.;) Besides it never hurts to have two quality runningbacks on a team at the same time. The season is long and chances are that neither back will be able to play the whole season without getting banged up a bit.

I am actually a Browns fan and would "like" to say that the Bengals will not get the conference title next year because the Browns own that spot. But then reality sets in and I realize that I may be watching this race from the back of the line again next year.:rolleyes:

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Yeah the Bengals did way better than I had anticipated. I was thinking 6-10 or 5-11 season. I figured with a new QB, the awful defense, and the VERY hard schedule, that was what they would do. I was really glad to see what they did this year. AND they were in every game. They could have easily won 10 games this year.

So here's to next season. If everything goes good in Free-agency and get our people re-signed I am saying a doulble-digit winning season is in store for the 2005 Bengals. Check out the 05 schedule:

Home Games: Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo

Away Games: Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City

Also, Just heard that the Bengals fired the Defensive Co-ordinator. Hopefully that will help out.

In Marvin we Trust!! ;)

8. Tee

"Also, Just heard that the Bengals fired the Defensive Co-ordinator. Hopefully that will help out."

I was not surprised at todays announcement....I was surprised Monday when he said their would not be any coaching changes.

When Marvin took over defense in that one game, I expected Fraizer to be gone.

My prediction is the guy "in House" will become DFC...Bresnahan from the Raiders, Super Bowl DFC, more Marvin's type.