close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To PoNtoon or Not to pontoon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishcrazy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Checking my options 20 ft pontoon w/150 Johnson Ohhh Yehhh!!!

What do you think , I'm basically a troller anyway. Wifey and kids want to tube also!
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzzzy :D

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats a good carp boat...;)

3. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Ak

Everybody knows you can't catch fish from a pontoon! :D

[​IMG]

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

You know Robby, I am normally against pontoons for fishing. Those are 3 very good reasons I would like to have one though! :D

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Oooooopppppssss I almost forgot, crappielooker, did you say carp are good cat bait???? lol :D :p :cool: Oh,........good carp boat!

6. Hey Robbie, forgot to mention the article I read about you in the Columbus dispatch a couple weeks ago. Good article with a lot of truth in it.

7. 150 should do it lol may need a good sized fishing buddy to hold the front down

8. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

To Pontoon, or NOT to Pontoon.... that is the question.. :D
    Well, before we ended up purchasing our 18' Tundra, we, well, let's say "I", would have definitely considered getting a "Power-toon"or "Tri-Toon". I thought this would be very accomodating for our large family and 2 dogs.
    I did alot of investigation, and, in the end decided on our Tundra. (which we love!)
    I'd say one of the biggest considerations was the "trailerability". We like variety, and like the freedom to go from lake to lake. Our boat trailers very easily, where as I have heard from many others, that pontoons are much more cumbersome, less aerodynamic, and therefore harder to trailer. Basically, if I was looking to dock my boat at a place like Pymatuming, then I would definitely consider getting a pontoon.
    I also liked the idea of being able to totally enclose the pontoon. We ended up purchasing a full camper top for our Tundra.
    If you are seriously considering getting a Power-toon, make sure that you do alot of investigating on the actual pontoons under the boat. If you are looking at putting a 150HP on, I think that you would definitely need a Tritoon. I've heard stories of pontoons with large engines having a hard time keeping the front end down because of the weight of the motor. Also, the length, diameter and material of the floats will also effect the performance. That is one area that you definitely dont want to go the cheap route on. You should also consider what the "resale value" would be if you should ever decide to sell it.
    Have you considered a Hurricane Deck Boat? They offer an open layout, and the power to ski or tube. They are also very pretty boats!!!!
    Good luck with your decision... just don't do anything too hastily!
    Marcia

9. Reel Lady, I just looked up your boat. What a nice outfit. Where did you aquire the camper top? I would like to have one for my Monarch.

10. catking

catking Banned

Fish Crazy gets on this site and ask for our opinions :rolleyes: I know Mark pretty good, and I also have met his wife a few times. The question should be " My wife is getting a pontoon boat, what do you all think" :D With your family crazzzzzzzzzzy man, a pontoon is the way to go ;) ........ THE CATKING !!! :)

11. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Screw tha toon! Go with a deckboat!