close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

to everyone please read!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by charles mills, Aug 17, 2004.

1. why is it when some one does there home work, there is always some people that think he is lying. is there trouble with the home work? do you think you can just throw a hook in the water and catch a fish. or do you think its luck? fishing is a art or more like a science you must do your home work if you wont big fish.there are some people who like to fish these people are fishermen. then you have the angler. the angler studys fish bio,ph info,sun water diss,ppm's,ect. all these thing are part of the experience. huge fish are not luck but the result of hard work and time on the water and in text. I hope i did'nt afend no one by this.so please dont judge me.The job i have is great and i love it, but fishing for a living is all about results.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

You seem to be talking in riddles are you refering to your other post about the 53-lb catfish?

3. I think the photos say it all. i'm just looking for some "anglers" who are in to huge fish. i just want to share my sucsues with you guy's

4. flathunter

I could not find the picture you are talking about, where is it on your website?

5. Nature of the place there charles mills. Anyone, I repeat, ANYONE can make up stories about the fish they catch here on this website. No way to verify anything. We rely on people's honesty in their reports. Some folks are more skeptical than others too. Pictures help, but we all know they can be doctored.

I'm not calling you a liar at all, or anything. I've seen some of the BIG cats to come out of Mosquito. I don't doubt any of your reports at all.

Catching bigger and more fish does take research. That's one of the MANY reasons we have developed this site. We rely on the honest reporting of fishermen so others who are looking to do better can get involved. I think a lot of it has to do with being relatively new to the site. If it were me, I'd keep the reports coming and show the doubters of what you report. Pictures, tactics, etc. Honesty is the best policy, for sure.

6. flathunter

I saw the pic, that is a nice fish!

7. Do you C & R ?

Myself, I simply toss out the top 15% of the stories here along with the bottom 15% which then leaves me closer to the truth LOL :D

8. dip

dip dip

50# AVERAGE? WOW! your site shows a 5.2 so you musta caught some close to 100#! move aside robbie! ;)

9. There are plenty of members that are into big fish, and are always looking to gain/ share knowledge about fishing. You have pics of some nice fish. However, if you look at the members photo gallery, you will notice that the pics of the fish on your website are not all that remarkable in comparison. What I am trying to say is that if you are going to crown yourself king of fishermen, you need to come up with some much more impressive fish pics! Substantiate you claims (anyone can CLAIM to average 50Lbers), and you will gain much more respect. Further, catching fish from paylakes/fish farms/ private bodies of water may not be all that impressive to many members. You might want to do some "homework" on this site.

10. Good words to live by. Don't get upset if people doubt reports of your exploits. Life is too short to worry over whether someone believes you or not. Catch the big fish for your own enjoyment. Don't base your happiness on the adulation of others - you will be sorely disappointed.

1. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it so - way too much spamming going on. There are entire web sites devoted to reporting what is a myth and what is a fact.
    2. Anyone can make up a story - we have no way of verifying the facts.
    3. Pictures DO LIE. Anyone with a computer and good photo software can make a picture of anything. I've seen minnows look like whales in a photoshop enhanced picture. Remember the pic of the guy on the World Trade center with the plane zeroing in on him? That was all photoshop, and not all that good. Yet people really believed it was true.

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Are you the Charles Mills of that site, or just borrowing his name. The wording of your posts & the wording on the site are a little different? Just asking, not accusing, hope I don't offend anyone........

Charles Mills site (click here)

12. rockbass

rockbass Banned

You definately don't have to worry about me doctoring a pic! :)

hell I don't even know what photoshop is. I just know you can doctor up pics on it from what you guys say and do with it. I don't even know what the icon looks like for the thing! :eek:

.......and I don't catch any fish worth taking pics of anywho! :D

13. Well I guess I will be the first to say,I believe you.I would love to fish your secret spot with you to catch some 50# average cats.Just let me know when,heck you can even video tape it for your up and coming tv show ;) I am willing to bring my own gear,bait & boat.daryl Oh if you don't mind i would like to bring my own camera.

14. JBJ

JBJ

I enjoyed checking out the pics. Gotta tell ya Charles, your daughter is a doll baby! I hope you two have many years a fun fishing ahead.

15. dip

dip dip

somebody more elitist than jimminy? say it ain't so! ;) ;) :D

16. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'll only offer a little constructive critizism on the trolling topic on your site. It makes the point that trolling is boring, well, I'll let you in on a little secret. I and many others love trolling, and it's the primary method I employ when fishing. Whether it's the great lakes of smaller inland reservoirs I'd rather troll than set on a couple spots for hours on end. Also, it does not mention any of the prefered methods of trolling such as using Downriggers, Dipsey divers, Jet divers, and also what season is best for different presentations i.e. Crankbaits, spoons, crawlers, bottom bouncers, snap weights...well anyway you get the picture. It seems you still are in need of doing additional homework on the trolling topic.
    The pic's of the fish aren't really remarkable either. Like someone else said, there's pic's in the photo gallery here of some really nice fish. Nonetheless, hang in there and keep working at it...Like they say...Rome wasn't built in a day!

17. mrfishohio

Gheesh dipster....... :D
    My spots only catch average of 60 # fish ennywhey..... :eek:
    [​IMG]

18. mrfishohio

Oh, jest fer you doubters........when I say average is 60#, they might be shy about 45 or 50 lbs, but other than that............. :rolleyes:
    Oh heck, lets have some fun & go fishing !!
    Ifen Daryl...truck gets to go, then I want to go too, we can take my boat, I got bait & several rods, just ask dipster, they are nice, but not like that crome reel dipster has...... ;) :p
    Only one who is jealous is the dipmaster himself of my new jacket. :eek:
    [​IMG]

19. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???