close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

to buy a camper or not and how much to pay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by put-put, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Got a problem! Have the opportunity to purchase a 26 ft terry camper. It is a 1990 26G, good shape well kept and clean, but the fridge doesn't work. Guy tells me to make an offer. He is a friend so i don't want to make a slap in the face offer. So was wondering if anyone may have idea. The NADA says $2800 average retail and $3300 above average. Again the fridge doesn't work.
    Also was wondering what the going rate is for camp sites around david besse. Have to approach wife about this yet :D and need a total figure of cost involved....Any help or suggestions is appreciated

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'm not sure about this season at this point, but last year the prime spots at Fenwick were about $900. Those are the sites right on the water with a dock. The other sites in the back closer to the road may be somewhat less.
    Hope this helps.

3. I would offer $2500 max based on thecondition you described and frig problem. Now, you may be able to salvage the frig. When left non-operational for long periods the frig cooling media has a tendency to settle and cannot be recirculated. Take the frig out and turn it upside down for 36 hours and then reinstall and IMMEDIATELY turn it on. If it works, cycle it on both 110 and propane. Mine would not operate after winter storage and I used this method and it worked. Did this two years in a row then decided to let the frig run all year round and had no more problems. You should also check that the furnace is operational . You will have problems with a trailer that old but given some work on your part it will be darn near as good as new.

4. cw261

cw261 Member

Sounds like good advice, Shortdrift.

If you want to contact some campgrounds:

FENWICK MARINA
    10261 W. ST. RT#2
    Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
    Marina (419)898-7009
    Winter (419)898-2405
    Fax (419)691-0877 http://www.fishlakeerie.com/fenwickmarina/

WILD WINGS MARINA & RV PARK
    6395 N RUSSELL RD
    OAK HARBOR, OH 43449
    419-898-1416

Not sure about this last one, but I think they have camping too:
    Turtle Creek Marina
    Address: 10041 W State Route 2, Oak Harbor, OH 43449
    Phone: (419) 898-7745

5. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Turtle Creek Marina difinately has camping, I'm long sure if it's long term though.

6. catking

catking Banned

That would be my suggestion also. $2500 . THE CATKING !!! ( Good Luck )

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

and shortdrifts fridge fix will work i have seen it done as well, but if it doesn't those fridges can be expensive if you go 110/popane. so just go to appliance store and find a 110 fridge that will fit in if your always going to be at a camp ground you won't need to run the fridge off propane any way.