close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To all you Kentucky fans

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by shuvlhed1, Mar 28, 2005.

1. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I have a question. with the plethora of great college teams in Ohio, why do you cheer for a team in a neighboring state? Are some of you from Kentucky, which would be understandable, or did you just hop on the bandwagon at some point in your life and still haven't gotten off it? I am really curious.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

There about like Steeler fans, traitors.LOL!

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Ghost

David, David, David... it has nothing to do with loyalty. They just have (had) KY in their brackets...sorry about their luck :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Ha! I've always thought that one of the best sites an Ohioan could experience, is an empty bus leaving Ky. headed back to Ohio. :D

5. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

come on you Kentucky fans, lets hear it! Or are you all in mourning?

6. I must have missed something. I don't understand why there is the big taunting of of UK fans? I am not a UK fan (I am a diehard Buckeye fan) but I can appreciate a great program like Kentucky's. In fact I would love to have a basketball program that deep in talent and tradition to root for. Perhaps Thad Matta will get something going at OSU.

I thought that UK vs. MSU game was a real gem. And they almost avoided the OT if the official had decided to blow the whistle on the contact on the shot at the buzzer. A 4 point play would have sealed it. Nevertheless, I was glad to see a Big 10 team prevail. They have really performed well in the tournament thus far.

7. Hey shuvlhed1 I think maybe the UK fans maybe the ones who jump from bandwagon to bandwagon and never really have a team ;)

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yes..UK lost and i'm hating it.. lived in lexington for 6 yrs have me bleeding blue when its tourney time..there's always next year..
    in the mean time.. go louisville!!..

9. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

I am not taunting anyone. I live in the cincy area, and I see as much Kentucky stuff as I see UC and these people don't even live in Kentucky. I know you people are around here, what gives?

10. Hook N Book

Shuvlhed1 has it right. bkr43050, to put it in perspective, you said you're a Bucks fan...well, how do you feel when the Buckeyes beat the Wolverines???? In this case it doesn't matter what team it is that beats KY. as long as they get beat! :D

Crappielooker, you lived in Ky. for 6 yrs. Man, you have my deepest sympathies. :rolleyes:

11. Fair enough. Yes I know how I feel when my Bucks beat that team up north but in most cases I will root for that team up north when they are playing a non-common opponent. My logic is that they are representing the conference. So I guess for that reason I don't fit the anti-UK profile. But then again I am not in close proximity with that state either. I guess the only point I was making in their defense is that they seem to have a pretty well run sports program at Kentucky. I think Tubby is a class act and a very fine coach. I can not even think back to any players that he had that I found offensive. But don't worry I am not a convert. As I stated earlier I am a diehard Buckeye fan.;)

12. If memory serves me right, were you the one that was dissing the Bucks and giving props to the Miami Hurricanes when the Bucks won the championship? I may have the wrong person but it I am recalling you or someone with a similar nickname stirring the pot back then. If that is the case then how could an Ohioan be a Hurricane fan?

Believe me I see plenty of the defector fan stuff to get me going as well. I tire of seeing all of the Michigan crap being flown in central Ohio. But it seems that the best way to silence them is to beat them.:D

13. Wow AK! You are a rare breed. I didn't know if anyone down there rooted for both the Wildcats and the Cardinals. That is a pretty fierce rivalry...and even worse now that Pitino defected.;) There is no doubt that basketball is huge down in that area.

14. Hook N Book

Granted, Ky. has one of the most storied Basketball programs in the country (Darn, it hurts to say that) and I'll admit, we Cincy fans can be somewhat envious. And you're right, Tubby is a heck of a coach and seems to be a class act overall...but let me say this about the ky. fans. When his son, Saul, played the point for him a few years back, those folks were ready to run his entire family out of town on a rail. :D
    Afterall, they're only 70 miles away and refuse to play UC on a regular basis. If you recall we played them in the 2nd round of the tourney and ran out of gas in the last six minutes of play. They were ripe for the picking and we didn't get the job done.
    BTW, why don't the Bucks and the Bearcats play on a regular basis, their only a hundred miles apart??? :D

15. I was thinking the same thing as you were mentioning the UC-UK relationship. I would love to see it as well. I don't know where the blame goes on that one if there is any. But I know that OSU has a tendency to schedule light in basketball (non-conference) and I have never liked that. I am hoping that perhaps Matta will be able to create something with UC or Xavier. What would really be cool is if they would start playing a holiday tourney with OSU, UC, Xavier, UK, Indiana, Dayton and maybe a couple of more. You talk about a major draw.:eek:

16. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Yes I am a hurricane fan. I have favorite sports teams all over the country, formed when I was little, and I have stuck by them ever since. However, I am finding it harder and harder to be a Laker fan with that idiot Kobe on the team and even harder to be a Raider fan since for some reason I have no interest in them, didn't even have that much in them the year they got screwed out of the superbowl. I just want to know why there are SO MANY in Ohio. Funny how none of them are responding.

17. There was an article in my OSU Alumni Magazine regarding Bucks Vs. UC sports several months ago. Geiger said himself that nobody in Columbus has been too keen on going down there and getting beat. He also said that was the same logic of UC not playing the Bucks in football many years in the past. Geiger said that with increased interest from both sides in the last few seasons (and the UC payday for football game) that he hoped to get UC on the B-ball schedule in the future & that it would be good for all of Ohio.

Now that Geiger is stepping down who knows, but I would like to see an annual UC OSU matchup. I would imagine most fans would want to see UC and OSU square off every year. I'm a die hard Buckeye, but I'd love to see it regardless of the result - it would be good for the state.

18. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I am a diehard UC, but I think UK is lucky to have some of the most loyal fans around. I have been to lexington and I am impressed at how much they love their basketball team, to which I respect that. The few UK fans I know in Ohio have been fans since they were chilrdren and have family roots in KY.

19. Hook N Book

Well, when you think about it, outside of College basketball and the Ky. derby (a once a year event)...what the heck else is there to root for in the state???? :D

20. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

"Well, when you think about it, outside of College basketball and the Ky. derby (a once a year event)...what the heck else is there to root for in the state???? "

All that comes to mind is Muskies on Cave Run and really good bourbon. :D