TMF sport

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by ryosapien, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

I just wanted to take a minute and plug this guys shop on this website. He is a guy with a dog in a small shop that looks like a house who ties flies that you wouldn't believe. Superb craftsmanship... good prices and friendly service. More fly tying/fishing material than you could ever need without the attitude you get at some of the other shops i have visited. If you are close or in portage county check it out.

http://userpages.bright.net/~tmfsportshop/

2. Yes TMF Sportshop is a great shop. Frank (the owner) and his staff, Rick, and John are the best. They are always there to help, but you won't find high pressure sales. The atmosphere is very laid back. I encourage anyone to stop in and check it out, have a cup of coffee and simply shoot the breeze with the staff and other patrons.
    No I don't work there, I just a satisfied customer of 12 years.

Jeremy

3. Yes all three of the staff are great people, very knowledgeable, ambassadors of fly fishing. I wish more shops can be templates of TMF.

I make it a habit to stop in every week.

4. I miss Frank, and his shop everyday ! He is a true gentleman!

5. [​IMG]

there are better shops in the area.

6. I've heard great things about that shop and have been meaning to get down there. Do they have a casting pond there? Patricio what fly shop do you recommend?
    Janus

7. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

please enlighten me about these shops. i have never gone to this shop and walked out with any less than i needed lol... The selection of flies is astounding and they are astoundingly tied. as far as i know there aren't any other fly fishing only shops in the whole county. they do have a small casting pond out front and i think that they make custom rods as well as stock everything orvis

8. Ive bought a number of things there through the years---i just got another Echo there last spring---they have some Tfo rods and of course the Orvis line---I think i bought my Abel reel from Frank.

TMF is a bit out of the way for me now but i always enjoy going there.

9. ledslinger I just got an echo 8wt. I remembered how much I liked your 10wt a couple of years ago and always wanted to get one. Didn't need a 10 so I went with an 8 and couldn't be happier with it. I don't fish that heavy often but this rod gives me a reason to search out places to use it...
    Janus

10. when I can get there, I love anglersmail. it's old school. like the fly shop I used to go to as a kid. which sadly has been gone for at least 20 years, the owner who was old even in the early 80s died. but theres something cool and natural at these type of places. shops that have the feel of a department at gander mountain seem soulless and sterile to me.

11. Yes AnglersMail is old school and George is great to talk too. I was going to get an 8wt but after talking to George for an hour and some of his experiences I ended up with a 10' 7 wt and I love it.
    He has a decent fly selection I wish it was a little bigger.

12. I've never been to Anglersmail, I'm sure it's nice, but there is no way I'm driving all the way up to the Cleveland area to go to a fly shop.
    There is nothing at all wrong with TMF, and comparing it to a section of your local Gander crap hole Mountain is an insult.