Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting Tite-Lok rod holders. Any opinions on them? The good the bad? Thinking about running the track system.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Basic, functional, and modestly priced but you can get tired of turning thumb screws to adjust the main angle. Caught many many walleye trolling with Titeloks. Always wished I had sprung for ciscos or similar. Ended up getting berts ratcheting rod holders on tracks on my new boat this year and they are better than tl's since easier to adjust angle and nice to have ratchet feature.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
i went with the cannon single axis ratcheting holders. they adjust down with one hand then ratchet back up. I'll never have another tite-lok on my boat again. just to much trouble to adjust them. spend a little extra now you won't regret it later.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,056 Posts
I ran them for years, they work well. I suggest upgrading to the pull pin for the adjustment, make adjusting the angle so much easier than screwing in and out every pin.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I ran them for years, they work well. I suggest upgrading to the pull pin for the adjustment, make adjusting the angle so much easier than screwing in and out every pin.
I've had several push pins fail and cause near loss of rod/reels. They are far weaker than the solid thumb screws, but, yea, more work. I hated all that screwing, umm ah no wait...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: FISHIN 2

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
hodgesmarine.com has the single axis ratcheting holders for 80.00 each. I know that adds up to a lot of money but there worth it. just grab the holder and squeeze and set the holder in one of the 6 down positions then release the holder and that's as far down as it goes. to raise it up just grab the rod and lift and it ratchets up to the upright position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts