Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to have a "Spring Loaded Pull Pin" for the 5710 series of Tite-Lok rod holders break after less than one season? Am I doing something wrong? I troll Lake Erie and have not pulled any monsterous fish. The one that broke was angled at about 45 towards the front of the boat (so i can easily see rod tip from console seat). Should I simply point backward or directly out the sides?

I'm in the process of putting a triple on each side of my Lowe FM175 and hope that I didn't pick an inferior rod holder. I am aware that there are better brands, but for $40 or $50 a piece, I expected at least 5 years without requiring repair. The darn spring pins are $10 to $15 each unless they make a standard fastener that would work.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Is it normal to have a "Spring Loaded Pull Pin" for the 5710 series of Tite-Lok rod holders break after less than one season? Am I doing something wrong? I troll Lake Erie and have not pulled any monsterous fish. The one that broke was angled at about 45 towards the front of the boat (so i can easily see rod tip from console seat). Should I simply point backward or directly out the sides?

I'm in the process of putting a triple on each side of my Lowe FM175 and hope that I didn't pick an inferior rod holder. I am aware that there are better brands, but for $40 or $50 a piece, I expected at least 5 years without requiring repair. The darn spring pins are $10 to $15 each unless they make a standard fastener that would work.
you must have some old ones they fixed that problem a couple years ago ,,contact them I am sure they will take care of it ,especially if you just bought them

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I broke a bunch of the spring pins when I had my Tite Loks. You'd think that for what they charge for them, you'd get a few seasons out of them.

Stick with the threaded twist pins. They last forever. I have a few of them left, if you need them.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Please call Tite Lok and ask to speak to Julie. She's the lady I deal with and she's 100% great. Tell her that the folks from the South West Ohio Catfish Club sent you to her. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts