close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tis the seasone for the Smallies!!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by juniormintz, Oct 29, 2004.

1. juniormintz

juniormintz 4-Mile Fanatic

Went fishing yesterday to my favorite little creek between class and work and boy did i get one hell of a surprise. I found out that my favortie creek has a 6lb 22in. Smallmouth bass owning it. By far the most thrilling fish I have caught in Ohio. As soon as she hit she came clean out of the water!!! After cleaning the load out of my pants i try to land this beast with my ultra light, 4lb test rig. Took me about 15 min. to get her in and boy she was not a happy fish.

Attached Files:

2. Congratulations on that trophy fish. That is the nicest river smallie I have seen in a long time.

3. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Great fish. I hope the load cleaned up well.... :D

Nice Nice Fish

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Wow really nice fish! I know around my way, you hear about 6 lbers in Erie and 4 and 5 lbers in the lakes, but now from the rivers much. I wished I could get one that size! Way to go and thanks for the post! :)

5. I think it's all part of some kind of elaborate conspiracy scheme....but nice fish nonetheless...lol. By the pic, it looks like you were fishing around some good structure.

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

7. catking

catking Banned

GREAT FISH !!!! I'm happy for you......... You are 100% correct. This IS the season for smallies ;) .THE CATKING !!! :)

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Awesome fish, congrats!

9. That's a great smallmouth from any water and an awesome smallie for any Ohio river or creek. I'm jealous.

10. juniormintz

Thanks guys and by the way this fish was safely caught and released. Oh yeah and dan, it is a conspiracy scheme, to make you guys jealous!!! :D

11. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I think I recognize that tree stand in the background...Mrs. Cannon's 1st grade art class?? ;) Nice fish !!

12. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Awesome Fish! What did you get her on?????

13. That is a PIG! I had given up on the smallies for the year ( I did not have a very good year with the smallies). But, I think that I might give them another try this year.

14. juniormintz

Yeah rooster i would definitely start hitting the creeks and rivers for smallies right about now. The creek that i fish i catch smallies up until ice starts to form. I mostly use crank baits, that way if they are not hungry the noise will at least piss'em off enough to strike. I also use roostertails, basically smaller baits and slower movement works best late in the year. Good luck to you guys and remember to let that trophy go so my future grand kids can have a shot at'em.

15. juniormintz

gonna hit up the creek tomorrow wade it for a while to see if anything is hitting, anyone is welcome to join, ill post results.

16. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

:)

Winner

17. where is this creek, I may go wiht you, expesually if it's around round town