Ohio Game Fishing banner

561 - 580 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Finally got out for the first time since there was still ice to walk on...didn't slay the crappies, but kept nine in the 10-11" range, with as many smaller throwbacks...did have this smash my jig...doesn't look it, but it measured 21"...should have got a picture of the inside of its mouth...very vibrant blue color...much more than the fins...sent back to keep swimming.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is it me or does it look really pale or is that a spawn thing? Idk never caught one
He is light because the water is still cold . When he has his spawning suit on those fins will be really bright emerald/aqua color. Very pretty coloring and boy do they put up a battle on light tackle. Fun fish

·
Registered
201 Posts
I went out yesterday and got humbled a little bit. Fished for almost 6 hours and got a dozen or so crappie, 2 perch, and a couple of gills. First trip of the year that I didn't do all that well. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find some deep schools to set up on but didn't find any. Thinking the fish might have slid up to shallow water and that's why I wasn't marking them down deep I tried there. Picked a fish here and a fish there but nothing consistent. Could have done well on schools of dink gills but I wasn't interested in those yesterday. The crappie I did get were buried deep up in trees. It makes me feel a little better to see other people with similar results yesterday lol. I'm jealous of everyone that can make it out over the next couple of days while I'm stuck at work. Good luck out there. Keep the reports coming!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

561 - 580 of 674 Posts